I remember all the Sinister lads being sound alright, two great EPs, shame they never did more.

I'd agree with that full assessment except maybe Hexxed, they could be flat live but when firing on all cylinders they were untouchable. They played Doran's here around 2004 and I thought they blew everyone off the stage that night, Primordial included.

I only saw them once. The first or second DOD perhaps? They were animal that day.

Luckily seen them quite a few times, Katatonia support in Dublin in 2003 was another highlight, maybe a tad ill matched for the vibe of the gig but they were utterly ferocious. 

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 05, 2022, 11:43:58 AMI only saw them once. The first or second DOD perhaps? They were animal that day.

They musta just went through motions anytime they played Belfast then (kinda understandable round them times)! Always heard about great shows from them at DOD, Fibbers, Katatonia etc. then would see them in Rosetta/Katys/AuntAnnies and be utterly underwhelmed! Made sure and 'supported the scene' though, buying cds, shirt etc lol

I did see them in the Rosetta on another occasion (Can't remember who they were supporting) but there was about 25 people there and that was definitely a flat night. Did they need the big crowd in order to deliver? The Desaster and Katatonia shows were rammed.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on December 05, 2022, 01:02:27 PMI did see them in the Rosetta on another occasion (Can't remember who they were supporting) but there was about 25 people there and that was definitely a flat night. Did they need the big crowd in order to deliver? The Desaster and Katatonia shows were rammed.

Could well have been the case. They morphed through lineups and styles a fair bit from pretty early which could have been part of the hit/miss live thing?

Few ones i unearthed recently from round that period

That Sol Axis is awesome, SD great too.

Sol Axis and SD were two class bands indeed it's a shame both fizzled out before they could really get going. Would particularly have loved to hear more from Sol Axis

I don't have that Aftermath CD but if it's the lads I'm thinking of a kind of Black/Death/Thrash band? They were kinda cumbersome but then evolved into Altus Astrum which were a much more fully realised project.

Aye Aftermath/Altus Astrum one and the same. Bellend John (who ran Midhir records as well) and Chris were the guys behind both. Never thought much of either version

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 05, 2022, 07:03:51 PMAltus Astrum were deadly.

Not my cuppa at all just. No fan of that genre/vein of music at all

Bellend John? Seemed a very nice fella anytime I met him.

Yeah seemed bang on? Used to order from the label a bit too, all dealings were good?

Yep, Bellend John. Nothing to do with his label/bands - personal shit from years back.

Quote from: Faustus on December 05, 2022, 10:24:36 AMYeah. Didn't realise Photobucket were doin that. It's 'Dominus' under that watermark. 2002 I think that was. I have the Bealtaine flyer that Secrets of The Moon played but half the bands on the flyer were replaced. SOTM wern't even on the original line-up.
2003 that one was.