#15 December 04, 2022, 10:11:00 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:17:41 PM by Pagan Saviour
And another

Yuletide Metal Meeting 5

Rosetta Belfast Dec 28

Madder Mortem
For Ruin
Skies Collide
De Novissimis
Overoth

Now that I've the lineup in front of me I do remember bits and bobs from the event. I thought Skies Collide were band of the night, I saw them a good few times that year. Really thought they were going places then it all just fizzled out.

Quote from: Despondent_Soul2 on December 04, 2022, 09:21:30 PMAh yes Dominus! I remember being on gig with them in Letterkenny (i think!) along with Abbadon Incarnate, DevilMakesThree, Dawn (not THAT Dawn!) and others. Sound guys. Most of the bands ended up in some random field, starting a bonfire and getting baked/pissed that night. Woke up in said field after sleeping in Jason Bariskills car, lit up a special rollie surrounded by cows!! Farmer was NOT happy. Actually unearthed Dominus slipcase demo thingy from round that time recently.

Ha, spent a good hour or two with Jason in his car that night; he was giving us herbal trips. Just as fucking well they didn't work with the absolute state we were already in!  :laugh:

lol yeah Jason and his chemistry skills!! Some levels of rubbish in that car!

Some decent, but long since gone bands on those later yuletide gigs. I thought his highness cathal and woth had been on one of them. De Novissimis as well?

That's fucking gas. I was only thinking I never went to Yuletide Metal Meeting. Not only did I go, I played the fucking thing  :laugh:

17 years ago... Jaysus.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on December 04, 2022, 10:03:46 PMFound this, wasn't at this one for sure

The Yuletide Metal Meeting 2005
Dec 27th 2005, Rosetta Bar, Belfast

She Said Destroy (Norway)
Fallen (Belfast)
Wreck of the Hesperus (Dublin)
Mass Extinction (Dublin)
Chosen (Dublin)
The Nexus (Belfast)

She Said Destroy. Completely forgot about them. Another one that CT banged on about. I remember one of their albums being alright but I never bought it.

QuoteThat's fucking gas. I was only thinking I never went to Yuletide Metal Meeting. Not only did I go, I played the fucking thing  :laugh:

LOL- so what was it like?

She Said Destroy are a shocking band. CT was a man for usually impeccable recommendation but every once and a while a band like SSD would be pushed ad nauseum

#22 December 05, 2022, 09:29:45 AM Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 09:33:34 AM by Faustus Reason: error posting image

Primordial, Old Season and Hexxed would have been some craic.

I don't remember Photobucket. Any good?

Yeah. Didn't realise Photobucket were doin that. It's 'Dominus' under that watermark. 2002 I think that was. I have the Bealtaine flyer that Secrets of The Moon played but half the bands on the flyer were replaced. SOTM wern't even on the original line-up.

Sinister Demise, another great blast from the past. That's made me want to dig out Nullify, haven't listened to it in an age.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on December 05, 2022, 10:37:32 AMSinister Demise, another great blast from the past. That's made me want to dig out Nullify, haven't listened to it in an age.

Yeah, Sinister Demise were good stuff. Played with them quite few times - they done great cover of Suffocation 'Habitual Infamy'. Niall is very sound lad. Them and Dominus only two bands worth attention that night. Primordial didnt want to be there, Old Season on a drunk one and hexxed live always very flat.Funny that the poster proclaims 'The Metal lineup of the year'! Things were bad then obviously!