I wouldn't even go see them live. Saw them 3 times and the last time they played MOP the whole way through so there's no point now. I will likely listen to the album once but it'll have to be a lot better than that track to get any attention

'Lux aeturna' isn't that bad to be honest, throwback 80s style tune- not too bad/nor amazing- decent. Trying to gather some goodwill here. No idea what else will be there on the album but I did like 'Hardwired' so fingers crossed.

Do people genuinely listen to Hardwired or Death Magnetic for that matter on a regular basis?

The same platitudes get rolled out every time a Metallica record drops. "Their best since Justice" "Better than I expected" "There's a solo on one of the tracks"

I picked up Hardwired myself, thought the title track was punchy enough and gave it a few listens but it was absolutely painful to get through. Couldn't ever imagine myself listening to the whole thing in it's entirety ever again. There's a few interesting bits on it here and there and that's being kind.

The last time they gave a fuck were the Load albums. Doesn't matter what you think about them, from the bands side I think it's the last time they were genuine. There is one great record between those two albums and they could only dream of writing stuff as good as Outlaw Torn or Until It Sleeps these days.

Yep, once they tried being Metal again, that's when it all turned to shit. They lost whatever it was made them a great metal band. I bet they still have a decent album of brooding, slow and mid-tempo rock in them if they were bothered. Outlaw Torn, Fixer, that kind of stuff is where there might still be some potential. Now That We're Dead is the only thing from the last album I even remember. It was weak as fuck outside of that. As for Shit Magnet...

It's an alright track but having heard it once I wouldn't feel the need to listen to it again.

I'm more in shock this one song managed to muster up five pages off ye

Quote from: ochoill on November 30, 2022, 04:45:05 PMI'm more in shock this one song managed to muster up five pages off ye

I'm more in shock that you're in shock about that

I cant listen to his vocals!,I just cant!

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on November 30, 2022, 01:45:57 PMDo people genuinely listen to Hardwired or Death Magnetic for that matter on a regular basis?

The same platitudes get rolled out every time a Metallica record drops. "Their best since Justice" "Better than I expected" "There's a solo on one of the tracks"

I picked up Hardwired myself, thought the title track was punchy enough and gave it a few listens but it was absolutely painful to get through. Couldn't ever imagine myself listening to the whole thing in it's entirety ever again. There's a few interesting bits on it here and there and that's being kind.

The last time they gave a fuck were the Load albums. Doesn't matter what you think about them, from the bands side I think it's the last time they were genuine. There is one great record between those two albums and they could only dream of writing stuff as good as Outlaw Torn or Until It Sleeps these days.

Agree with all of that, I don't listen to Hardwired on a regular basis, just thought it was good relief at the time. Like when your badly behaved child decides to change their behavior for the better. That being said 'Spit out the Bone' was/is a banger.

Hardwired has some good songs. I like Atlas Rise alot.

Quote from: Paul keohane on November 30, 2022, 10:37:42 PMI cant listen to his vocals!,I just cant!
the lyrics are weak and I find his vocals a bit too Autotuned. Now, the majority of vocals recorded professionally are Auotuned and time corrected, but I feel this is fairly obvious.

The whole words finishing with...ation is a bit wearying

Quote from: Don Gately on December 01, 2022, 12:01:21 PMThe whole words finishing with...ation is a bit wearying

I didn't get far enough into the song to her them all..did they manage to get Masturbation into the lyrics?