Would probably be more enjoyable to chat about it freely to be fair.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 05, 2022, 10:24:56 AM
Spoiler
One thing that made me doubt is the echo in Nori remarking that the flame from the meteor is not hot and what Galadriel says about the torches giving off no heat due to the fortress in the northern wastelands being "so evil". Could be just a coincidence (or more deception!), but I was reminded of it as soon as Nori said it. And seems a few people think it's not Gandalf, but rather Sauron, even though to me Sauron arriving like that doesn't make sense. He's supposed to already be in Middle Earth.
[close]
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 05, 2022, 10:24:56 AM
Spoiler
One thing that made me doubt is the echo in Nori remarking that the flame from the meteor is not hot and what Galadriel says about the torches giving off no heat due to the fortress in the northern wastelands being "so evil". Could be just a coincidence (or more deception!), but I was reminded of it as soon as Nori said it. And seems a few people think it's not Gandalf, but rather Sauron, even though to me Sauron arriving like that doesn't make sense. He's supposed to already be in Middle Earth.
[close]

Didn't cop the cold flame bit good spot. Saruman perhaps? I think it's what we think it is after watching it again. Far too benevolent looking.

Also re spoilers I'm easy with them. All one has to do is stay out of it until they're up to date and we can't spoil it for them

Yes!
Warning in the title and fuck the Moaning Mary's.

Have to watch episode 2 again after falling asleep during it. Don't spoil it on me please lads

Enjoyed ep2 more than the first. The dwarves are very much like the Hobbit version more than LoTR, which wouldn't have been my choice but whatever. Between the mannerisms and accents, I think they've leaned in too heavily with the harfoots but I don't think any non-Irish person would see an issue. It's just hard to distance myself from it. I'm sure that'll pass though.

I was convinced that fella was Gandalf initially, then they made me have my doubts so they've done this part of the story very well. They could have gone very obvious with it.

Credit for Feanor's hammer scene too. If they keep throwing in nods to the lore, it'll more than make up for silly accents and the like.

Okay, thread title changed and I've edited my posts. You've been warned now: there are spoilers here that do not sleep.

Quote from: Emphyrio on September 06, 2022, 07:39:51 AMThe dwarves are very much like the Hobbit version more than LoTR, which wouldn't have been my choice but whatever.

Tend to agree with you. Though it was hard for the dwarves in LoTR to be annoying, since most of them were corpses LOL. Then again, if they'd gone Tolkien faithful on the dwarves there would have been a lot more actual singing inside that mountain than just talking about it. Shit... maybe I've just jinxed that!  :laugh:

I hope they blast out one tune, just the one though. That one at the start of The Hobbit is class.

It was me who mentioned spoilers, but the thread title warning is plenty.

Watched the second episode there, setting stuff up nicely. Looked great again, the flaming crater stuff and the valley outside Khazad Dum in particular.

I watched House of the Dragon and Rings of Power back to back. Rings aesthetically looks a million miles ahead. Would be worth seeing in the cinema.

A projector at home, if you've a spare white wall somewhere, is definitely worth a wee investment. We've had ours 3 years now and it's paid for itself countless times over, not just replacing cinema visits since the young fella's been born, but also for spectacle type shows like this, GoT, Picard, etc. Not a mad expensive set up either, just connected to the hi-fi for sound, so stereo rather than fancy 5.1, but for the visual aspect, can't be beat: in a relatively small room (11 foot wide) we get a 95 inch screen.

I've been watching it on the projector myself it's class on it

I got one handy online for about 120 that plays anything. Great for split screen gaming as well as movies and TV. I just have it hooked up to a couple of small studio monitors and it's brilliant. First thing I watched on it was Saving Private Ryan I was buzzing hard off it. Also cool for gig videos