Quote from: open face surgery on November 09, 2021, 02:01:46 PM
Legion is a masterpiece.

Masterpiece is a bit strong but it's still a great album. I've a soft spot for OUTC though, it's the pick of them for me.

Serpents is their last good album I feel.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on November 09, 2021, 05:40:37 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on November 09, 2021, 02:01:46 PM
Legion is a masterpiece.

Masterpiece is a bit strong but it's still a great album. I've a soft spot for OUTC though, it's the pick of them for me.

It's a violent masterpiece.  I love the s/t, Once Upon the Cross and Serpents but have been obsessed with Legion for the last while.

Quote from: Carnage on November 09, 2021, 11:12:54 AM
I wouldn't say it Deicide's best, let alone the greatest death metal album of all time (that's Leprosy). I'd rank it third, after Serpents Of The Light and Once Upon The Cross.

Leprosy Isn't even the best Death album

Bands that go overboard on intros annoy me. I find it takes away from the music even though I love a good intro. Mortician are terrible for over using them. I think Hacked Up For BBQ would be so much better without them.

Morticians intros are better than the music

How not to use a drum machine, those fuckers.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on November 10, 2021, 12:34:51 PM
How not to use a drum machine, those fuckers.
another valid arguement ha ha. I don't mind the band though. One of their albums has real drums on it

Quote from: Born of Fire on November 10, 2021, 12:24:08 PM
Morticians intros are better than the music

Controversial opinions expressed controversially; this is what I'm here for  :laugh: :abbath:

I do like Mortician. I wouldn't mind a band using effects or whatever as long as it sounds good.

Heres a controversial one, I would consider Slipknots Iowa to be one of my favourite heavy metal albums ever.  It's so wonderfully dark and brutal. 

I wouldn't be a fan of that one but I enjoy the fourth album, Subliminal Verses I think it's called. Still has all of their tics and trademarks, but it has a nice, dark edge to it that the others (that I've heard, anyway) lack.

Remember when intros / instrumental tracks were all the rage during the 90s ? Was listening to Testimony Of The Ancients by Pestilence yesterday. I'm sure I loved them all at the time, but they went way overboard on that album !