Gateways drum sounds renders the whole thing unlistenable for me.

I like Suffocation up to the self titled then lost interest.

Suffocation are one of those bands if a random song crops up on a playlist I always like it alot but find it hard to keep interest through a whole album. I have no problem with relentless blasting with other bands

Yeah im a big fan up to 'Suffocation',not overly pushed after that.

Going back a few posts to Morbid Angel. Controversial I know but they're one death metal band I could never get into. Of all American death metal bands  it's incredible how overrated they are. I know it's very much a minority opinion but give me Death, Deicide, Obituary, Malevolent Creation or Massacre any day of the week.

I love all of those bands, with the exception of Massacre who I like, but I'd take MA over all of them without question.

The Deicide S/T is the greatest Death Metal album of all time bar none.

Quote from: Mithrandir on November 09, 2021, 09:20:24 AM
The drumming is a bit shaky at times on it though. I do love the album, not sure if I'd call it the greatest now.

Yeah agree

I wouldn't say it Deicide's best, let alone the greatest death metal album of all time (that's Leprosy). I'd rank it third, after Serpents Of The Light and Once Upon The Cross.

It's a fantastic record. It's also - and this is the controversial opinion - the only one of theirs that's any good.

Re: Morbid Angel the only bad release is I which is a disgrace of an album. Only has one listenable song Nevermore. I always enjoyed Heretic as it happens bought it from Sentinel last week and it showed up today. Gateways, Formulas and the last album are also great. I was one of the people who didn't give the Tucker era a chance for years until Formulas finally sunk in.

For some reason I have never been a massive fan of Blessed just too many slow - mid paced tracks for my liking.

I'd have to say I prefer Legion and Once Upon The Cross.  Cause Of Death trumps them all though.

I found Legion disappointing from the get-go. It's just dull.