There are 5 decent songs on Illud, I have them set up as an EP. The rest are beyond terrible though.

fdfnjkkhffgbMerbidbhbnnnnnbHAngilvghnnnn

Blessed Are The Sick for me. First album I got of there's when it was out. Remember picking it up on tape from Our Price on Henry st, went home and listened to it four or five times in a row. One of those albums that connected instantly with me. Just thought it was amazing !

Kingdoms Disdained is Morbid's best album since Formulas and beats Domination. There, I said it!

#859 November 05, 2021, 09:21:12 AM Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:32:22 AM by Pentagrimes
Immolation are better than Morbid Angel. "Dawn" flattens "Altars" for me.

In fairness I don't think that's an enormously controversial opinion

'The Bleeding' flattens them all!

Is that controversial enough for you?   8)

#861 November 05, 2021, 09:44:59 AM Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 09:53:26 AM by Pentagrimes
That's just plain outrageous

Re: Domination- went through a period about 18 months ago of listening to it obsessively and lived it. Put it on the other day for the first time since then and found it weirdly unexciting. Side 2 especially. I find Vincent really fucking irritating on this album particularly. Definitely the point where he started to become the insufferable cunt he is today. The Gene Simmons of death metal.

I think you'll find it's perfectly rageous  8)

'Close to a world below' is the best of Immolation's output. A total beast.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 05, 2021, 09:33:29 AM
'The Bleeding' flattens them all!

Is that controversial enough for you?   8)

Not sure if you're being serious but I actually agree with that statement.

It's the one I listened to most growing up, followed by 'Covenant' which is my favourite MA album. Immolation are cool but I never listened to them in my formative years.

I think I remember reading a post on MI about Chuck Schuldiner sneering at some lad on here for wearing an Immolation shirt when he was in Dublin? Or was it a Suffocation shirt? Is that controversial?

#867 November 06, 2021, 12:04:52 AM Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 12:17:05 AM by Blackout
They sound so good here. Heretic type sound sounds so dirty live.

Stricken arise ftw :abbath:

https://youtu.be/Lk_HLpznSVU

From Gateways through to  Kingdoms Disdained,they've made a bollix of the production.Even on Gateways an album i really like,the fuckin drum sound.I listened to Heretic a while ago,some very good songs on it to be fair!

Quote from: Giggles on November 05, 2021, 10:44:53 PM
I think I remember reading a post on MI about Chuck Schuldiner sneering at some lad on here for wearing an Immolation shirt when he was in Dublin? Or was it a Suffocation shirt? Is that controversial?

Suffocation are largely terrible so I hope it was them.