They work brilliantly in punk and hardcore.  Dunno how they'd sound on a funeral doom record though  :laugh: Actually,  I might have to give them a try on the next Bacterium album!

Really slow gang vocals. That could be class. Haha.

Seriously considering something like that   8)

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 15, 2020, 01:02:10 PM
Man,  I always thought those dance remix albums that were trendy in the 90s were cuntish.

Remanufacture was indeed utter balls but I really liked the Fear is the Mindkiller ep. Also quite liked Godflesh's Songs of Love and Hate in Dub at the time. Dunno if I'd be arsed revisiting them, mind.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 16, 2020, 06:15:17 PM
Seriously considering something like that   8)

I can def see it working. It'd be mouldy as fuck. No controversy.

Twelve cans and a third of a bottle of scotch down the hatch and anything is possible  :laugh:

I think it would be class as well. Real slow gang vocals. I don't have anything springing to mind where it's been done.

It does work very well on the punk and hardcore stuff and it makes me wonder why it didn't make it's way into more metal.

Also, Fear is the Mindkiller was much better than Remanufacture and Love and Hate in Dub is still very good.

Is it a case of Fear is the mind killer kinda came out  before the whole dance remix thing became the norm?,so gets a pass?.

I think Fear is the Mindkiller doesn't suffer as much from the euro dance sounds that a lot of those type of albums fell into. It was more industrial in style as far as I remember but it's been a while.

I remember having a CD called Cyber Core Compilation and the stuff on it used to have meself and the 2 brothers in stitches at the fact people actually listened to this stuff. Die Krupps version of "One" was hilarious and so was almost all of the rest but there was a Scumgrief mix from FITM that was great and really stood out from the rest of the shite on the compilation, so it might just have been a bit more tasteful than some of its' contemporaries.

Fear Is The Mindkiller was done by the lads from Front Line Assembly, as opposed to your Euro dance crowd that usually got the job, so they'd have had an ear for it, filtered through their own industrial backgrounds.

FITM is excellent, first Fear Factory I heard (bought the Meathook Seed CD in Sound Cellar and Tommy stuck it on 'cos it was kinda similar).

Meathook Seed. Jesus.  That's Metal Show top ten stuff! Is it any use? I can't remember it at all.

It's alright, has its moments. Haven't listened to it for a good 10 or 15 years. The second one was a big ball of shite alright.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 16, 2020, 07:40:49 PM
Twelve cans and a third of a bottle of scotch down the hatch and anything is possible  :laugh:

:laugh: Anything except good vocals. Mudderajaysus.

Yeah, FITM was really industrial remixes of Soul of a New Machine, I'd have to check but I think it was all done by Rhys Fulber from Front Line Assembly. Whereas Remanufacture had a load of different guest remixes and was a blatant cash-in on the whole Prodigy/Junkie XL trend that Roadrunner were so eager to jump on at the time. I have (had) a lot of time for Love and Hate in Dub as Songs of Love and Hate is, for me, my favourite and most underrated Godflesh album. It kept the dark vibe of the original material, even emphasized it at times.

Fulber and Leeb, yeah.

If you enjoyed Love And Hate In Dub, you'll be pleased to hear that he's currently working on Us And Them In Dub. Us And Them is an underrrated album for me, it's like they partially bypassed the actual album and went straight to the remix stage. Nobody else liked it, though.