As Formulas is getting a few thumbs up I'm going to give it another crack. I love covenant as it's the first one I heard. This morning I gave it another spin to make sure it wasn't just a time and place reminiscent fondness for it.  I can definitely say that it's their best and that is that.

Quote from: Circlepit on May 15, 2020, 11:58:15 AM
As Formulas is getting a few thumbs up I'm going to give it another crack. I love covenant as it's the first one I heard. This morning I gave it another spin to make sure it wasn't just a time and place reminiscent fondness for it.  I can definitely say that it's their best and that is that.
Do give Formulas another spin,a ferocious album!

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on May 15, 2020, 10:30:32 AM
Morbid Angel - Illlud Divinum Insanus (The Remixes) is by far their best album....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL21zPqrB_mTKkj11eEqF3Bx0wMygZT8Sx

Enjoy....  :abbath:

You've just outed yourself as that one lad in everyone's year at school that bought Remanufacture and was fucking delighted with it  :laugh:

Quote from: Ducky on May 15, 2020, 12:44:17 PM
You've just outed yourself as that one lad in everyone's year at school that bought Remanufacture and was fucking delighted with it  :laugh:

That was me. I'm coming out.

I still think National Panel Beaters is great but sadly the rest of it didn't hold up well, or at all.

I actually bought Remanufacture when it came out,not my finest moment!

It went great with my tracksuit at the time

Quote from: Paul keohane on May 15, 2020, 12:49:34 PM
I actually bought Remanufacture when it came out,not my finest moment!

As did I, and a second time as part of the Demanufacture reissue. It's shite!

Man,  I always thought those dance remix albums that were trendy in the 90s were cuntish.  And when I look back at the low bar I generally had in terms of my own listening back then I shudder to think how awful it must sound now!

I never gave much of a bollocks about Slayer. I liked them as a kid,  RIB and SOH were the two I listened to mostly,  and a bit of Seasons now and again but they were always very much second place to Metallica who had more variety across their catalogue. Don't get me wrong,  I like them and I'd happily listen to them if they were on but I honestly can't remember the last time it occurred to me to listen to one of their albums.

I listened to Suicidal Tendencies and Megadeth way more than Slayer back then too.

The big hook with me for Slayer was Lombardo's playing. Really gave their songs something most of the other bands I was getting into lacked.

I think he's the first drummer I ever heard that left my jaw on the floor and to this day most of my favourite music has amazing drumming.

Yeah, certainly.  His drumming was great and they have some amazing songs but as a whole... They were never a band I found myself obsessed by.

Quote from: Ducky on May 14, 2020, 11:01:23 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 14, 2020, 10:46:14 PM
I don't think I've ever heard anyone, ever criticise Covenent, so fair play! Like kicking a cow right in the bollocks in the middle of Bombay!

I think 'Hymns to a gas giant' is kind of cool.

:laugh:

I wouldn't be a fan of the band at all, but out of their first four Covenant is miles behind the others.

Ahhhhh, that explains it. Your opinion is completely invalid as you have dicks for ears.  :laugh:

Quote from: Ducky on May 15, 2020, 12:44:17 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on May 15, 2020, 10:30:32 AM
Morbid Angel - Illlud Divinum Insanus (The Remixes) is by far their best album....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL21zPqrB_mTKkj11eEqF3Bx0wMygZT8Sx

Enjoy....  :abbath:

Best Fear Factory album by far. Only one I listen to these days.  :abbath:

Quote from: open face surgery on May 15, 2020, 01:56:42 PM
Quote from: Ducky on May 14, 2020, 11:01:23 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 14, 2020, 10:46:14 PM
I don't think I've ever heard anyone, ever criticise Covenent, so fair play! Like kicking a cow right in the bollocks in the middle of Bombay!

I think 'Hymns to a gas giant' is kind of cool.

:laugh:

I wouldn't be a fan of the band at all, but out of their first four Covenant is miles behind the others.

Ahhhhh, that explains it. Your opinion is completely invalid as you have dicks for ears.  :laugh:

No wonder I got dirty looks in Curry's when I put the demo headphones on my ears :laugh:

I love gang vocals. I wish there were more of them in metal.