It's dead handy if the missus is away.

Yeah, the Tucker stuff is weak as fuck. Blessed, Covenant, Altars, Domination... don't need the rest.

Gateways is my favourite by far. I think Vincent sound oddly link and camp, can't take him seriously at all. And Covenant is one of the worst albums from a big DM band. Bar God of Emptiness it's unredeemable shite.

Oh sweet Jesus!!!  Covenant is a killer album. The riffs are savage and the phase effect tops it offs. How can you not like it??
Formulas never really clicked for me with all the drum nonsense but covenant ???? Get out of it.

I just find it uninspired and boring. Sandoval is a one trick pony (he's tight and fast but that gets boring pretty quickly) and the guitar tone lacks any bite.

I like the widdly leads but that's about it.

#441 May 14, 2020, 10:46:14 PM Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:48:14 PM by Caomhaoin
I don't think I've ever heard anyone, ever criticise Covenent, so fair play! Like kicking a cow right in the bollocks in the middle of Bombay!

I think 'Hymns to a gas giant' is kind of cool.

Formulas is the business lads.

I never got into Covenant either, buddies couldn't understand it but it just wasn't my thing.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 14, 2020, 10:46:14 PM
I don't think I've ever heard anyone, ever criticise Covenent, so fair play! Like kicking a cow right in the bollocks in the middle of Bombay!

:laugh:

I wouldn't be a fan of the band at all, but out of their first four Covenant is miles behind the others.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 14, 2020, 10:46:14 PM

A trans cow?

The only thing braver than dismissing 'Covenent' on a forum full of grumpy longhairs is bovine misgendering!

Blessed would be my go to, probably followed Covenant and Altars.

But since its the controversial thread, I didn't think Ilud was that bad

Morbid Angel - Illlud Divinum Insanus (The Remixes) is by far their best album....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL21zPqrB_mTKkj11eEqF3Bx0wMygZT8Sx

Enjoy....  :abbath: