#1725 July 21, 2024, 04:13:18 PM Last Edit: July 21, 2024, 04:19:56 PM by Circlepit
This thread is giving me a  pain in my head.
The Deicde debut and the Immolation debut shit all over the Cannibal Corpse debut.
Legion and Once Upon The Cross are both savage albums.

The best Cannibal Corpse album is Kill.

Kill is a great album, Bloodthirst would be the one for me though. The best Corpsegrinder albums are much better than anything from the Barnes era

Vocally yes*, but the riffs on the first three are where it's at.

*Barnes' vocals on EBTL are actually decent, but Fisher is still the superior singer.

I wouldn't have as finely tuned an ear as ye lads but how in the crotch of Christ is Deicides s/t comparable in any way to Reign In Blood?
I've listened to both countless thousands of times, hundreds of times one after the other, love them both, and the Thought never even crossed my mind.

Both 10/10 albums for me ,the intensity levels on both are the major similarity/comparison .Neither released an album with those intensity levels again though Legion wasn't far off.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on July 21, 2024, 09:36:48 PMBoth 10/10 albums for me ,the intensity levels on both are the major similarity/comparison .Neither released an album with those intensity levels again though Legion wasn't far off.

Ah if your talking in terms of intensity I'd agree with that 100%, surely that couldn't be described as Deicides album being "pure RIB worship" though.
Not that it matters like, they're both fucking masterpieces.

Quote from: Carnage on July 21, 2024, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 21, 2024, 10:43:44 AMI got given a similar tapebwhen I was in first year of secondary school, but instead of Deicide the pairing was Slowly we Rot and Severed Survival.

Here's one for the thread: pre-split Autopsy were shite, their best work comes after the reunion.

I can only guess you've either never heard the pre reunion albums or have recently sustained some form of brain injury.

All adressed above.

Another one: Legion is shit. Deicide's best albums are:

Serpents Of The Light
Once Upon The Cross
Deicide

In that order. Nothing else worth bothering with.

Quote from: Carnage on July 22, 2024, 01:58:30 AMAll adressed above.

Serpents Of The Light
Once Upon The Cross
Deicide

Legion is 100% arse-rot. The fucking production is awful.

Indeed. A thin sounding retread of the debut, sacrificing writing for speed's sake.

Ah here. Some savage songs on Legion.

Always thought it was disposable, from day one. Just no substance. By the time it came out I'd come around to the debut and this just sounded bland and forced in comparison.

Wouldn't be much of a Legion fan myself although it has its moments, I've a fierce soft spot for Scars Of The Crucifix though, wasn't mad about it when it came out but it's grown on me big time.

Quote from: Ducky on July 22, 2024, 02:07:18 AM
Quote from: Carnage on July 22, 2024, 01:58:30 AMAll adressed above.

Serpents Of The Light
Once Upon The Cross
Deicide

The fucking production is awful.

Even Scott Burns would say that. He made the Hoffmans use proper amps on OUTC because of it.

I was disappointed with 'Legion' initially, and yeah, the sound lets it down, but with repeat listening, it really grew on me. All of the first four are fucking brilliant as far as I'm concerned.