Swansong is good craic. Not a fucking patch on the rest of the the catalogue but there's some decent bits on it.

I like all of their albums to varying degrees, be it Reek or Swansong.

But Symphonies is definitely my go to.

Carcass were so shit last time I seen them it made me hate all their albums.

I've given Swansong a few listens over the years, not great but it has its moments.

Quote from: Mithrandir on May 29, 2024, 11:14:36 AMCarcass were so shit last time I seen them it made me hate all their albums.
Where was that? Thought they were good last year in Dolans

Necroticism is probably my favourite release to come out of the UK.

#1566 May 29, 2024, 02:40:47 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 03:30:49 PM by Sworntothecans
Quote from: Paul keohane on May 29, 2024, 02:37:00 PMNecroticism is probably my favourite release to come out of the UK.

I put itself and Heartwork as my top two (mainly as I the taped copy I had had Necroticism on Side a/Heartworm Side B).

Heartwork is easily Carcass' best album, followed by Surgical Steel and then Necroticism.

No Love Lost (along with the SYL's Detox and Napalm Death's cover of Incinerator) in the last 15 minutes of some random episode of Headbangers' Ball is what saved my interest in metal circa 1998 when I was getting into it and you couldn't escape nu-metal.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on May 29, 2024, 02:40:47 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on May 29, 2024, 02:37:00 PMNecroticism is probably my favourite release to come out of the UK.

I put itself and Heartworm as my top two (mainly as I the taped copy I had had Necroticism on Side a/Heartworm Side B).
Quote from: Ducky on May 29, 2024, 03:17:20 PMHeartwork is easily Carcass' best album, followed by Surgical Steel and then Necroticism.

No Love Lost (along with the SYL's Detox and Napalm Death's cover of Incinerator) in the last 15 minutes of some random episode of Headbangers' Ball is what saved my interest in metal circa 1998 when I was getting into it and you couldn't escape nu-metal.

If it was 1998 it was Super rock with that dimwit Julia Valet.😂 Definitely recall that trio of vids as I'd be camped at the record button for decent bands.

I think Necroticism is the perfect blend of very early filthy Carcass,and the more polished sounding Heartwork.Its an amazing album, full of bangers!.

Infernal Love is the best Therapy? album. Troublegum runs it close but I get sick of that quicker. Nurse has the best sound but the songs are less good for the most part. The demos are also excellent when they're good but not enough as a whole.

I don't even think that's controversial but the fact they won't even play any of it live says that it might be

They always play a couple of songs from Infernal love....a few years back the played the whole album in Dublin, good gig

Quote from: Don Gately on May 29, 2024, 01:20:34 PM
Quote from: Mithrandir on May 29, 2024, 11:14:36 AMCarcass were so shit last time I seen them it made me hate all their albums.
Where was that? Thought they were good last year in Dolans

In Auckland, New Zealand. Was a terrible setlist and Jeff was trying to fight someone in the audience, was pretty cringe.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 29, 2024, 10:54:02 PMInfernal Love is the best Therapy? album. Troublegum runs it close but I get sick of that quicker. Nurse has the best sound but the songs are less good for the most part. The demos are also excellent when they're good but not enough as a whole.

I don't even think that's controversial but the fact they won't even play any of it live says that it might be

Infernal Love is damn near perfect. Suicide Pact is overrated as fuck.

Infernal Love is class alright, though it took a long time for me to come around to it, just within the last 10 years I reckon. I splashed out a few years ago and got the Japanese version through Discogs, it cuts out the David Holmes stuff and runs like a standard rock album. Far superior IMO.

Still wouldn't be in my top 3 Therapy? albums though.