I know a few people whose favourite is Schizophrenia. They're all wrong too  :P  :abbath:

Quote from: astfgyl on May 21, 2024, 11:30:35 PMHaving been listening to it a few times lately I'm thinking that Schizophrenia is probably better than Beneath The Remains. It's punkier anyway but yeah it feels like that might be controversial. I dunno though.

I've overlooked it so badly over the years that it's like a new album for me all over again and fuck is it ripping

Edit: it's exactly what I'd want from Sepultura

This is the correct opinion. Schizophrenia Supremacy.

They really hit a sweet spot there with Schizophrenia, between the death, thrash, punk, groove and even a bit of an industrial feel in places. Can't believe I've been treating it so bad all these years

I know a lad who thinks Morbid Visions is their best release! He's not just saying that to be kvlt, he genuinely listens to it regularly.

Then again, I think Reek of Putrefaction is Carcass' greatest album, so maybe I need my head checked as well.

Quote from: Wilbur Whateley on May 22, 2024, 08:44:08 AMI know a lad who thinks Morbid Visions is their best release! He's not just saying that to be kvlt, he genuinely listens to it regularly.

Then again, I think Reek of Putrefaction is Carcass' greatest album, so maybe I need my head checked as well.
they're both great, hard to make out riffs on Reek sometimes though.

I love the manky murkiness of Reek. It's the perfect production for that album.

Quote from: Wilbur Whateley on May 22, 2024, 04:36:23 PMI love the manky murkiness of Reek. It's the perfect production for that album.

There are decent songs buried within (just listen to the rerecordings for B-sides, sessions, etc.), but the production is woeful. Even the band think it's shite.

I stiil have two copies, because I'm a fucking idiot.

I wouldn't trust the band's judgement. They released some awful scutter after Necroticism that they should be more ashamed of.

Heard a few lads say Morbid Visions is the best or near the best Seps album. Baffling. 

Schizo has its charms alright, but better than BTR? Come on yer messing now lads.

Oh it's not better, not a chance. But I've played BTR to death, so Schizophrenia is my go-to.

Arise was the first I heard so I'll always choose that as a favourite, even though there's nothing between it and BTR

The latest two are still getting plenty of listens too, only just behind the big three for me

Reek is great, Carcassessess best

Quote from: Wilbur Whateley on May 23, 2024, 11:46:11 AMI wouldn't trust the band's judgement. They released some awful scutter after Necroticism that they should be more ashamed of.

Yep. totally gone off that Heartwork sound since youth, Reek however has just got better over the years. That album cover has still to be topped. mental it was used back in 1988.