Quote from: Ducky on March 29, 2020, 10:52:41 PM
I'm on PS4 Pro at least, my peasant ass sold few good heifers and banked some coin :laugh: idTech 7 is legit though, it runs at 1440p and (effectively) locked 60fps on the Pro. I think 7 renders ten times the geometry of idTech 6, can barely believe this thing is running so well on such ancient hardware.

Best way to deal with those lads (I'm assuming you mean the Arachnotrons) is to shoot off its cannon up top, he's pretty impotent without it. On a similar note, make sure the first mod you unlock for the shotgun is the sticky grenade launcher as you can one shot boyo's cannon pretty easily with it (it's pretty useful for the Revenant's shoulder cannons and the Mancubus' arm blasters as well).

Make sure to unlock the rifle's sniper attachment first too as there's a few long range encounters early on that are much more frustrating if you pick the micro missiles first.

Literally the first two mods I unlocked  ::)

Just starting to play Divinity Original Sin 2. Loved the first one, though still not finished - and I'm guessing this is that on a larger scale, so..... yeah I may be gone some time 😉. Tactical isometric RPG goodness FTW.

Dunno what Blizzard have done, but since the latest Overwatch event started, there seems to be duplicates in every single loot box. Ridiculous.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on March 30, 2020, 12:32:47 PM
Dunno what Blizzard have done, but since the latest Overwatch event started, there seems to be duplicates in every single loot box. Ridiculous.

I think I have everything from the loot boxes already so its normal to have like 100, open them and just dup dup dup dup etc
It really is RNG though, ive opened tons and got dupes and the odd blue before. Then have one to open and got 3 legendary skins/emotes in it  :-X :abbath:

I'd only get a duplicate once in a blue moon until a couple of weeks ago, still have loads more items  to get, but it's just at least one in every box. And the really annoying thing is, they won't give you full value for the duplicates. Still trying to get that Pharah Top Gun skin, and 15c for a duplicate victory ain't going to help much.

You'll build up enough coins to be able to buy them eventually   :laugh:

Doom Eternal is simultaneously one of the best shooters ever made and also a big bag of greasy, slimy shit.

Some of the design choices are absolutely baffling - how did they get past play testing.

Nevermind your new fangled Doom. They put an upscaled Doom 64 on Steam for a fiver, with controller support. It's fucking fabulous. The support for a modern control scheme has it pip the PS1 version slightly as the best Doom game ever, I think. The atmosphere is still top notch and the maps play great. Get on it!

#113 April 01, 2020, 03:58:58 PM Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 04:01:46 PM by Ducky
I got Doom 64 free with my copy of new-fangled Doom 😄

Only gave the first stage a cursory bop, but looking forward to playing it properly! Never played any of the classic Doom games outside a one night rental of the PS1 release.

Edit - plus there's a section in the new Doom that has and old school PC. You access Doom 1 by collecting floppy discs dotted around the levels and Doom 2 using a password!

#114 April 01, 2020, 04:02:04 PM Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:01:25 PM by Ducky
Double edit fail.

#115 April 01, 2020, 04:04:24 PM Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:00:56 PM by Ducky
Triple edit fail.

Quote from: Ducky on March 29, 2020, 08:24:13 PM
Yeah the soundtrack is great, it gets into those big dirty riffs for fights but it's nicely dark and ambient too.

First level for me left a very poor impression - it gets markedly better after it (although there's one boss fight in particular that will make you want to eat your controller).

Is it that fucker on the thread mill... awful whoooare  :abbath:

Steam has just put No Man's Sky down to €30 if anyone wants to go all-in on a massive game while they can

Quote from: kiehozero on April 02, 2020, 01:30:18 PM
Steam has just put No Man's Sky down to €30 if anyone wants to go all-in on a massive game while they can

Got that a while back to try something new from the usual 1 or 2 I play and tbh I got bored fairly quickly of it.

Watching a few videos on the making of doom eternal atm Came across this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx55zOYnlEg

Few faces in there like Sven from Aborted