Highly recommend the spiderman games on PS5. They visually look gorgeous and are challenging enough.

Gone back playing Shattered Pixel Dungeon again lately, addictive stuff.  Android or windows (steam) apparently but I only play it on android phone anyway.  Basic roguelike, simple to get to grips with but difficult to master.  Have been playing it on and off for about a decade now (the original was just called Pixel Dungeon but the creator released the source code and Shattered PD is a serious upgrade on it).

Worth a go anyway, it's free, no ads, you don't even have to sign in and the entire game is turn based so you can abandon it and return whenever you like.  Also permadeath like a proper roguelike, so there is actual fear when you are having a good run.

Android version for the curious.

Quote from: Iliketortles on June 10, 2024, 11:37:12 AMHighly recommend the spiderman games on PS5. They visually look gorgeous and are challenging enough.

They're an absolute joy to play. The only reason I still have my Ps5 (and Ghost Of Tsushima). Otherwise it's a 4k Blu ray player as I've gamepass until the end of next year on the Xbox!

Quote from: Sworntothecans on June 10, 2024, 12:49:53 PM
Quote from: Iliketortles on June 10, 2024, 11:37:12 AMHighly recommend the spiderman games on PS5. They visually look gorgeous and are challenging enough.

They're an absolute joy to play. The only reason I still have my Ps5 (and Ghost Of Tsushima). Otherwise it's a 4k Blu ray player as I've gamepass until the end of next year on the Xbox!

I definitely like the physical media better. Gamepass is an awesome deal though.

NHL 24 available for free on PS Plus. I'm surprised EA actually did something like that.

Quote from: ochoill on June 10, 2024, 12:48:12 PMGone back playing Shattered Pixel Dungeon again lately, addictive stuff.  Android or windows (steam) apparently but I only play it on android phone anyway.  Basic roguelike, simple to get to grips with but difficult to master.  Have been playing it on and off for about a decade now (the original was just called Pixel Dungeon but the creator released the source code and Shattered PD is a serious upgrade on it).

Worth a go anyway, it's free, no ads, you don't even have to sign in and the entire game is turn based so you can abandon it and return whenever you like.  Also permadeath like a proper roguelike, so there is actual fear when you are having a good run.

Android version for the curious.

I was just getting into this when I broke the screen on my phone. It's an unforgiving bastard so it is but addictive enough as well

Picked up Balatro on PS5 this morning. Been playing the shit out of Slay the Spire recently, so more card game shenanigans are welcome. Had a few rounds and predict it'll be like digital crack.

Also picked upWe Love Katamarai Reroll + Royal Reverie (snappy title for sure) as the original games are some of the most batshit things to ever exist. Soundtracks are phenomenal too.

Still tipping at Elden Ring DLC too, but kinda wished it kept it for later in the year, as those epic games are better suited to winter.

I see there's a Broken Sword 6 make in the works. I'd like a bit of that, I love the Broken Sword games. Even the shit one.

Quote from: Giggles on July 14, 2024, 05:24:58 PMI see there's a Broken Sword 6 make in the works. I'd like a bit of that, I love the Broken Sword games. Even the shit one.

The only thing I remember about those Broken Sword games was the day a couple of us spent an afternoon watching a friend spend three hours trying to get past a goat.
Three hours.

Haha yeah that's from Broken Sword 1. A notoriously cunty part of the franchise. They've done HD remakes for Android and that, might be worth a look.

Finished Still Wakes The Deep there. Basically The Thing on a Scottish oil rig, it's a walking simulator mostly, but the atmosphere is great.

So the PS5 Pro is going to be about 300 euro more than the PS5 and you don't even get a disc drive. Can't see it selling well, if anything it'll probably up the numbers of sales of the regular PS5

Quote from: Born of Fire on September 11, 2024, 05:40:26 PMSo the PS5 Pro is going to be about 300 euro more than the PS5 and you don't even get a disc drive. Can't see it selling well, if anything it'll probably up the numbers of sales of the regular PS5

I'd say you're correct. At this point in the PS4's existence, I waited til the PS4 Pro came out before moving on from the PS3. This time, for that price, and no drive? Fuck that. Bog standard PS5 will be what I get.

If you buy the disc drive for it, you're looking at €900. Nine hundred quid for a console is fucking bananas.

I'm curious to see what they can do with the tech, but it uses the same CPU as the PS5 just with a 10% bump in clock speed. So games that are CPU-limited (the big ones being Dragon's Dogma 2, Baldur's Gate 3) will still struggle.

I'm happy with my fat PS5 - it's quiet as fuck, and I mostly play Balatro and Street Fighter 6 on it anyways :laugh:

Finally got 'round to playing the new Warhammer on Xbox after what seemed like an eternity of updates. It's good craic but fuck me, it's just too chaotic. I think it's actually old age and the brain slowing down but there's so much going on, enemy-wise, that I completely struggle to maintain any focus.