It's no wonder I've been playing Tomb Raider and Crash Bandicoot with shit like that

Fired up the mini snes the other week and bate the absolute shite out of my mate in the battle mode of Super Mario Bros 3  :abbath:

Quote from: Giggles on June 08, 2024, 07:10:48 PMFired up the mini snes the other week and bate the absolute shite out of my mate in the battle mode of Super Mario Bros 3  :abbath:

Hard to beat the mini retro consoles. Me and the woman regularly still fire up the co-op mode on Toejam and Earl on the Megadrive one. Streets of Rage 2 is still as good as ever too.

I only have the Megadrive collection on the ps but it's great craic actually have it on the xbox360 as well and there's a better selection on that one but same point whether it's nostalgia or actually is better, I way prefer older games to new ones

I've been out of the gaming loop for a good few years now..its retro for me all the way..I could easily spend the rest of my days playing the zelda series and nothing else, I still have to replay ocarina of time..

I get great use out of the kid's Nintendo Switch. Best current console for those who prefer the retro stuff. The new games are great, esp the recent Zelda, and you have access to a big catalogue of old Nintendo classics from the Nes era up to N64. I also bought an Xbox Series X around the same time, and haven't gotten a fraction of the same enjoyment out of it.

Have a ps5 there and all I've been playing is old shit. A certain element of that is the time factor as well tbf because I don't really have many hours to really get stuck into something where I can just bang out an hour of sonic or something and get somewhere with it rather than a serious critique of the new games I haven't played

#367 June 09, 2024, 02:44:35 PM Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 03:41:27 PM by astfgyl
Wait no I take that back, I just went in to see how the lads were getting on with that 168gb download and they says yeah it's done but all that did was put me into some stupid fucking lobby of battle passes and online shit to pay for so I tried playing the actual game offline and it's another 16gb download and that's just to play the Co op with the young lads. If I want the single player campaign that's another download again.

This is actually retarded gaming for retarded people if this is the shit you have to buy into just to play the fucking thing. Also couldn't continue without creating an account even though I want to play offline.

I actually feel like shooting someone already and I'm nowhere near getting started.

The saying "fuck this for a game of soldiers" has never been more fitting of anything

Edit: but wait, there's more!!!! Now I have to download special ops pack 1 for another 10gb to get going and I think there's yet another download to come before I can actually play anything . I honestly feel like deleting the whole thing altogether and never playing another Call of Duty after the WWII one because at least you could play those ones.

I'm going to have to get the Megadrive collection back out after this. No joke

Edit: I'm still not actually playing the fucking thing and I'm on the 5th download now and I don't know if there'll be more. Why couldn't I just have the option of not getting the online shit and play the regular game? I'm raging here even the kids are laughing at me

CODS been like that since Modern Warfare/Warzone. It's messy.

As for the battle pass, I've never dropped money on it, just stick to the small map Moshpit and earn the tokens that way, do the daily sign ins and batter lads😂

Black Ops 6 getting the reveal later today and it's on Game Pass day one so that's 80 quid saved.

I actually had to leave the house before I got to play the thing. I think it's ready to go now all I wanted to do was local Co op on the special ops, it wasn't much to ask

Black Ops 6 is clocked at 310gbs on Series X so expect similar on ps5!

The shitty bit of storage on the consoles vs the size of the games is mock as well. Sure what's a few terabytes when the games are 300 gb? It's like being back on the PSX with the 15 memory slots and some of the games took 2.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 09, 2024, 06:10:40 PMall I wanted to do was local Co op on the special ops, it wasn't much to ask

Co-op on those special ops missions are class craic.

I dropped out of modern gaming about 13 years ago when our xbox's wouldn't let us play via local connection because one person had a different version firmware. Downloading just wasn't an option when you had no internet!

Yeah if your internet is fucked modern gaming is rough.

Red Dead 2 took 5 days on our old connection, thankfully we got the fibre and 100gbs is an hour or two.

It's a shame that they can't get campaigns on the discs for launch for some of the triple AAA stuff, but the business was going that way regardless. Hopefully the expansion ssds start dropping in price in the coming months as I'm bouncing stuff back and forth with the old external I've had since the Xbox One.

Yeah I've the proper fast Internet but still it's a bit much to go through all this just to play what is likely the smallest part of the game in terms of space needed, like over 200gb in the finish just for the one bit I wanted. Very annoying and I haven't even played it yet