In the gym, working with a cable machine and a bar. Obviously using both of them.
Have the cable machine attachment and weight plates set up for the particular exercise I'm doing.
Finish a set on that and start using the bar, which I've placed right beside the cable machine.
Some cunt comes over and sets up the cable machine, changing the attachments and weights for a set he suddenly wants to do.
Does his set and fucks off leaving me to reset the cable machine for myself.
Didn't ask. Didn't even acknowledge me.
And we're the only 2 people in the gym. There are plenty of other things he could have used.

Can't get my head around that sort of entitlement.
I'd always make a point of asking someone if I could use something if I thought they were going to continue with it.

I once had someone step over the bar just as I started the pull on a deadlift... wasn't amused.   :abbath:

Don't go to the gym now, but a pet peeve was people who didn't unload bars and put the weights away, especially after deadlifts.  That was just pig ignorant.     

Quote from: leatherface on April 06, 2024, 11:33:49 PMWalking the dog this afternoon in the south of Spain and members of Desaster nearby, didn't say anything. My pet peeve is with myself.

I had something similar but a bit less obscure but star struck none the less.

Sitting on a real quiet resort beach in Cuba (thanks to SSIA savings after maturing) I was thinking to myself that looks a helluva lot like Alice Cooper walking by 20m away.

But nah, no way boy, couldn't possibly be, context was so strange. There upon his buddy called out "Hey Coop!", and one slack jawed Norrie just looking on gob smacked!  :laugh:  :-[

Alarm set for 5.30 tomorrow after having had the last two weeks off  :(

Sun is out, gorgeous day but the neighbours two doors down have the happy hardcore blasting... wouldn't matter what the music is, it is just the inconsideration that anyone wanting to sit or so anything outside will have to listen to it. 

#5631 April 21, 2024, 04:19:54 PM Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 04:23:48 PM by The Wretch
Quote from: Anvil on April 21, 2024, 02:05:20 PMSun is out, gorgeous day but the neighbours two doors down have the happy hardcore blasting... wouldn't matter what the music is, it is just the inconsideration that anyone wanting to sit or so anything outside will have to listen to it. 

Yeah, it was the same here for a while yesterday. That, and some screechy spoiled kid who was visiting my neighbour throwing tantrums and from the sound of it chucking all manner of stuff around the gaff. The lass next door is nice enough (I think the poor divil is a bit simple to be honest) but sometimes she associates with some insufferable cunts, who apparently also let their kids run riot. 

Cutting a lawn that hasn't been cut in since last Autumn.

Quote from: Sworntothecans on April 21, 2024, 04:30:28 PMCutting a lawn that hasn't been cut in since last Autumn.
Had this myself yesterday. Like a poxy jungle. Strimmed it first. Left it to dry out for a couple of hours, then got the mower out. The strimming really helps make more manageable.

Quote from: Mr Barlow on April 22, 2024, 06:52:02 AM
Quote from: Sworntothecans on April 21, 2024, 04:30:28 PMCutting a lawn that hasn't been cut in since last Autumn.
Had this myself yesterday. Like a poxy jungle. Strimmed it first. Left it to dry out for a couple of hours, then got the mower out. The strimming really helps make more manageable.

Yeah, but you're strimming which is in itself a pet peeve  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 22, 2024, 07:05:10 AM
Quote from: Mr Barlow on April 22, 2024, 06:52:02 AM

Yeah, but you're strimming which is in itself a pet peeve  :laugh:
Very true  ::)

Striking French bastards! Meant to be going to eurodisney with the kids tomorrow for 4 days and the flight gets cancelled today  ;D  >:( Air traffic control are spme bunch of pricks.

Oh man it was brutal, I've a fairly substantial sized garden, it took hours. Was giving serious consideration to tarmacing the place half way through

Quote from: Snare on April 24, 2024, 10:31:50 AMStriking French bastards! Meant to be going to eurodisney with the kids tomorrow for 4 days and the flight gets cancelled today  ;D  >:( Air traffic control are spme bunch of pricks.

Ah, man - that's some pain in the hole!

#5639 April 24, 2024, 01:38:14 PM Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 03:00:16 PM by Mr Barlow
Quote from: Snare on April 24, 2024, 10:31:50 AMStriking French bastards! Meant to be going to eurodisney with the kids tomorrow for 4 days and the flight gets cancelled today  ;D  >:( Air traffic control are spme bunch of pricks.
Wankers. Missed seeing The Cure in Glasgow back in the 90s because of French lorry drivers. The gig was cancelled because all their gear was stuck in france.