#5610 April 06, 2024, 08:34:05 AM Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:36:09 AM by Bürggermeister
Rural broadband. Finally, fibre got rolled out as far as here a couple of months ago. They've been hanging the wires loosely off the old telephone poles, you see them flapping around as you go by and, where there's enough slack and a bit of wind, the slack is even blows out over the road. What's the worst that could happen, it's not as if the roads are full of huge, awkwardly shaped farm machinery or shite like that? Sure enough, the fucking thing went down this morning. I'm trying to log a call with Eir but you can't log a support call without the phone number for the broadband line which, sure enough after going through every email I have from them, the fuckers never sent me. Doesn't make a difference now, anyway, as the electricity is down now too, but I need the fucking thing to be back up in time to work on Monday and I'm low on confidence.

They did the same thing around here, there's spots even where there was branches in the way and instead of cutting them they hung the wires below them, there's places where ya could reach up and touch the wires like, I never seen the like.
It wasn't Eir themselves that hung them, subcontractors.

Where did all the 34" leg trousers go? Everywhere has only 30" and 32", is there a fucking halfling monopoly on pants? Fuck their spiteful attempts to bring the tall man down.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on April 06, 2024, 04:48:01 PMWhere did all the 34" leg trousers go? Everywhere has only 30" and 32", is there a fucking halfling monopoly on pants? Fuck their spiteful attempts to bring the tall man down.

Supposedly nowadays you have to show your ankles. 🤮

I usually find the opposite is true around here. It's not easy to find decent jeans or trousers as a tubby short-arse.

Fat and tall so I'm doing alright. The only problem is I have to buy them online as my gut prohibits off-the-peg shopping.

Walking the dog this afternoon in the south of Spain and members of Desaster nearby, didn't say anything. My pet peeve is with myself.

The amount of folks cutting about wearing beanies with built in goggles is unreal considering they look fucking stupid!

Quote from: leatherface on April 06, 2024, 11:33:49 PMWalking the dog this afternoon in the south of Spain and members of Desaster nearby, didn't say anything. My pet peeve is with myself.

Is there a metal fest on down there or do the lads all holiday together with the wives and kids?  :laugh:

People that I work with cutting me off mid-sentence in a meeting with the "one minute" hand gesture so that they can answer a personal phone call on their mobile.

"Sorry I needed to take that. Sneachta forgot her hockey gear so Eitléan needs me to go and drop it."

#5620 April 12, 2024, 10:39:06 AM Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 10:40:55 AM by The Great Cull Reason: Double post
Double post

#5621 April 12, 2024, 10:40:00 AM Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 10:41:31 AM by The Great Cull
Quote from: The Great Cull on April 12, 2024, 10:39:06 AM
Quote from: StoutAndAle on April 12, 2024, 09:58:24 AMPeople that I work with cutting me off mid-sentence in a meeting with the "one minute" hand gesture so that they can answer a personal phone call on their mobile.

"Sorry I needed to take that. Sneachta forgot her hockey gear so Eitléan needs me to go and drop it."

Not such an issue with remote work but it used to baffle me that people would not put their phones on silent at work anyway. Maybe I'm the prick... we had one lad in our old office and we would have to endure his entire GAA activities planning over the phone on a daily basis

Quote from: Bürggermeister on April 06, 2024, 04:48:01 PMWhere did all the 34" leg trousers go? Everywhere has only 30" and 32", is there a fucking halfling monopoly on pants? Fuck their spiteful attempts to bring the tall man down.

You leave us hobbits alone.   Finding 28" trousers is also a cunt  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 11, 2024, 01:42:46 AM
Quote from: leatherface on April 06, 2024, 11:33:49 PMWalking the dog this afternoon in the south of Spain and members of Desaster nearby, didn't say anything. My pet peeve is with myself.

Is there a metal fest on down there or do the lads all holiday together with the wives and kids?  :laugh:

A local fest, couldn't go but there they were wandering around a park.