People bragging about going on a run at lunch  :P

Quote from: Born of Fire on February 17, 2024, 09:00:42 PM
Quote from: hellfire on February 17, 2024, 02:04:39 PMUPS. I swear the lads must have an early morning meth party before work. Twice in two months they've taken a package to the wrong place. There should be a warning on sites that their delivery company may use UPS.

I don't think there's any decent couriers anymore. Fastway used to just leave deliveries at the local shop here despite having to actually pass our house on the way to the shop. They "lost" a package once too and basically shrugged their shoulders when I got onto them about it.

Used to think DPD were ok but they seem to have gone down the shitter too. Was getting a Christmas present delivered and the fuckers left it outside a neighbours gate, luckily I recognised the entrance in their "proof of delivery" photo. The most annoying part was that a couple of days before delivery they had emailed me about my eircode and still the hand written eircode on the package was completely different to what I provided them.

And just recently I was getting a delivery to the parents house and the cunt had it left against the front door in the rain and was taking a photo of it when the mother spotted him outside. No knock on the door, nothing, just dump it outside and wipe their hands off it.

And then there's FedEx with their fake charges scam. You get something delivered, then a week or two later, you get an invoice stating "We paid these import fees for you, so you owe us this amount" despite the fact there weren't any due in the first place.
Then when you call them to find out what's going on, their people simply say "I'm sorry sir, you must pay the charges" over and over, til you ask to speak to a supervisor. At which point they hang up, then a couple of days later, you get a letter from a debt collection agency.

I was unaware of that one. Say what you like about An Post, but I've only ever had one item go missing from them. It turned up with the seller a fortnight later.

Renewing car insurance, spent the last two hours getting quotes online from €350 up to €800. Why the fuck is there such a massive difference between all these bastarding companies?

Lad at work walking around whistling tunes like his life depends on it. Can hear him approaching from miles away.
Drives me fucking demented.

Whistlers can burn in hell. Tormented by a few different types but I think the worst is this auld fella that ad-libs or improvises his continuous whistling. One random note to the next.

Ah the philosophical whistler. Don't let his aimless melodies give you the wrong impression about the highly focused contents of his mind. He is deep in thought, putting order to the seemingly random chaos of the universe.

The thing to do is stand beside him and whistle a single note for as long and as loud as you can. Until you're asked to stop. I've done it, it works.

QuoteAh the philosophical whistler. Don't let his aimless melodies give you the wrong impression about the highly focused contents of his mind. He is deep in thought, putting order to the seemingly random chaos of the universe.

:laugh:

Used to share a house with a lad that worked nights. He'd land in around 6 every morning whistling tunelessly like a possessed kettle. Used to drive me mad, especially on Saturdays when I needed a bit of a fucking lie-in. Bastard.

Quote from: Carnage on February 23, 2024, 01:34:24 AMThe thing to do is stand beside him and whistle a single note for as long and as loud as you can. Until you're asked to stop. I've done it, it works.

Ive developed a variant of this whereby whenever kids on a bus play music on their phones. I sit in front of them and play Merzbow on mine.

Nice.

The SD card in my phone is banjaxed (read only) so I can't add music to it. Minor thing really, but a major pain putting the music onto the new one when it comes.

So fed up of banks and modernity in general. I'd happily trade in my smartphone and laptop and rock back to 1985.

Quote from: hellfire on February 27, 2024, 09:30:19 AMSo fed up of banks and modernity in general. I'd happily trade in my smartphone and laptop and rock back to 1985.

Similar but I'd go for 1997 or 98

I've just noticed that I have an old man's hands. Fuck.