Taylor Swift is playing over here tonight and the morning tv shows are all over it, have been for a couple of weeks now. I know it's morning tv and they cater to the lowest common denominator but there is still something soul crushing about hearing a man well into his 50s uttering the words Tay Tay  :-[

Unless you were looking for two cups of tae I suppose

#5477 February 17, 2024, 08:06:38 AM Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 09:19:29 AM by Bürggermeister
Good tae, mate?

Quote from: Carnage on February 17, 2024, 07:09:27 AMGama Bomb, probably.

Yep.
And fuck Bus Eireann in general. The bus to Dublin arrived almost 40 minutes late, and then crawled up the road, missed the opening act and a fair chunk of Party Cannon.

#5479 February 17, 2024, 08:52:24 AM Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 08:59:50 AM by Thorn
You'll never beat my aborted Xentrix trip where the bus clattered to a shuddering halt in Cavan and that was that, no replacement available and everyone left to their own devices.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Heard about that one. Fucking joke of a company. But then, what do you expect from the people that gave the world the horror that is Monaghan bus station.

They don't even have a Dublin to Galway route anymore. The main artery across the country and they're ignoring it. Not that their service was much cop anyway, they were never even close to being on time and the drivers were cunts about drop offs and pick ups.

Used to get the train home every day when I was in the civil service in Dublin. One day there was a train strike but I had a half day booked, so I went to busaras from heuston as fast as I could and there was a bus leaving at 2 back to tipp. Grand I says, the train would have left at 5 past 1 and had me home at half 2ish but the bus heading at 2 isn't so bad. Be home by 4 or half 4 hopefully.

7 o clock I got home after stopping in urlingford and then being dumped out at horse and hockey to walk most of the 6k home before getting picked up by someone I knew about 1k from the gaff.

Fuck the bus from a great height and also fuck the train for their prices and lack of night services.

UPS. I swear the lads must have an early morning meth party before work. Twice in two months they've taken a package to the wrong place. There should be a warning on sites that their delivery company may use UPS.

Quote from: hellfire on February 17, 2024, 02:04:39 PMUPS. I swear the lads must have an early morning meth party before work. Twice in two months they've taken a package to the wrong place. There should be a warning on sites that their delivery company may use UPS.

I don't think there's any decent couriers anymore. Fastway used to just leave deliveries at the local shop here despite having to actually pass our house on the way to the shop. They "lost" a package once too and basically shrugged their shoulders when I got onto them about it.

Used to think DPD were ok but they seem to have gone down the shitter too. Was getting a Christmas present delivered and the fuckers left it outside a neighbours gate, luckily I recognised the entrance in their "proof of delivery" photo. The most annoying part was that a couple of days before delivery they had emailed me about my eircode and still the hand written eircode on the package was completely different to what I provided them.

And just recently I was getting a delivery to the parents house and the cunt had it left against the front door in the rain and was taking a photo of it when the mother spotted him outside. No knock on the door, nothing, just dump it outside and wipe their hands off it.

#5485 February 21, 2024, 02:25:33 AM Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 02:52:44 PM by Carnage

Quote from: Born of Fire on February 17, 2024, 09:00:42 PM
Quote from: hellfire on February 17, 2024, 02:04:39 PMUPS. I swear the lads must have an early morning meth party before work. Twice in two months they've taken a package to the wrong place. There should be a warning on sites that their delivery company may use UPS.

I don't think there's any decent couriers anymore. Fastway used to just leave deliveries at the local shop here despite having to actually pass our house on the way to the shop. They "lost" a package once too and basically shrugged their shoulders when I got onto them about it.

Used to think DPD were ok but they seem to have gone down the shitter too. Was getting a Christmas present delivered and the fuckers left it outside a neighbours gate, luckily I recognised the entrance in their "proof of delivery" photo. The most annoying part was that a couple of days before delivery they had emailed me about my eircode and still the hand written eircode on the package was completely different to what I provided them.

And just recently I was getting a delivery to the parents house and the cunt had it left against the front door in the rain and was taking a photo of it when the mother spotted him outside. No knock on the door, nothing, just dump it outside and wipe their hands off it.

We've been pretty lucky despite living out in the schticks with courier's, but when the regular drivers are on holidays or a different route the relief drivers are useless.

If they've a GAA jersey on guaranteed you're getting the package delivered to a shop miles away🤬

I just tried to order the For the Glory of Ur 12" plus two other Zemial 7"s from their bandcamp page. It gave me a price for everything with postage which was hefty enough, but ok I'm game. I hit pay and after a few seconds of processing it tells me the 12" is paid for, now I can order the two 7"s... WHAT??? I have to pay €27 in postage for the 12" and now I fucking have to separately order the two 7"s with extra postage!! Suffice to say I messaged them to say get fucked, give me my money back. What a complete fucking rip off   >:(

Just curious if everyone gets their NWN stuff through Iron Bonehead or are there other options people use for stiff IBP doesn't carry?

#5489 February 21, 2024, 01:49:12 PM Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 02:05:00 PM by Pagan Saviour
People asking "Are you going for a run?" when you're going for a run at lunchtime in work.

It's like One Flew over The Cuckoo's nest in here sometimes. Institutionalisation is real.