#5520 March 02, 2024, 03:17:16 PM Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 03:19:25 PM by Carnage
F1 racing at all these days. All about that Hamilton prick and fuck everyone else. Gave up on it years ago.

Also:  Just a couple of weeks after replacing the washing machine, the dishwasher has decided to shit the bed. This time around I'm skint so it'll have to wait a while.

had to pay 17O quid for an exhaust/muffler for a fucking chainsaw. What a rip-off.
Jesus H Christ, tid reduce a man to tears.

Think I posted this as a peeve but I'll go again.

People who obsessively listen to just 1-2 bands and reference everything back to them. There's a lad here in work that just does Tool and all derivatives (Puscifer, Perfect Circle etc) and Slipknot. Nearly put myself into a recycling compactor out the back rather than have another music based conversation with him.

Yeah, I had a lad at my sisters wedding who wouldn't shut up about Iron Maiden. A mention of Judas Priest seemed to shut him up. Like that I'd prefer to convert my boxer shorts into a hornet sanctuary than hear it again.

Quote from: astfgyl on February 28, 2024, 08:26:28 PMBecause we had all the tech we needed but the phones hadn't kicked in beyond calls and texts and that was enough of that. The likes of this board could have even existed then without all the bullshit and social media. That was on the cusp, those years.

That's my reason anyway. Just enough tech but not enough to destroy everything and not enough to avoid human interaction.

I could write a thesis on it, how wee almost got it right but then fucked it up beyond repair

Yeah, a bad tech experience yesterday had me in mind of this. Bought my 8 year old one of those GPS watches that allows them to take a call from parent or track them (supposedly) in the off chance they go wandering. Bought this watch from Harvey Norman yesterday, not cheap by the way, and was recommended it on the basis that it was fairly simple to set up etc. Had to buy a separate Sim card (predictably enough) and had assumed that this would be a straightforward process. How wrong I was. All I wanted to do was add this Sim to my existing Three account and the whole ordeal lasted about 8 hours and multiple calls to tech support.
Finally got the damn thing working only to discover that the GPS functionality doesn't really work when the watch is indoors. Which is great really, in the event the child does go missing, I just have to hope she remains outdoors.
It just strikes me that much of this technology addresses issues that aren't that much of an issue in the first place!! And of course, the existence of idiots like me who will throw money at any old gadget on a whim.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 05, 2024, 09:00:58 AMThink I posted this as a peeve but I'll go again.

People who obsessively listen to just 1-2 bands and reference everything back to them. There's a lad here in work that just does Tool and all derivatives (Puscifer, Perfect Circle etc) and Slipknot. Nearly put myself into a recycling compactor out the back rather than have another music based conversation with him.

The type of lad you keep away from the stereo at house parties!

The job is looking to implement something they call reverse mentoring. The mentor is someone born after 1980, the mentee is someone born before 1980. It seems knowledge and perspective, hard-earned through years of experience, is losing value. I eagerly await the day they try to do something like this based on gender or skin-colour.

It's about time those old clueless fucks started showing the proper respect to their wiser and more experienced juniors.

I can't wait to see the bossman taking notes of the sage mutterings out of the next intern.

There's an ad on telly over here lately and it has Are You Going to Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz as the tune. You know how the main riff is a two parter, it repeats and then adds in an extra note at the end. They have edited it out so they just repeat the first half of the riff over and over without resolving it.

It's a very subtle, yet no less twitch enducing, form of torture.

:laugh: Cuntish.

Reminds me of someone telling me years ago of a friend of their's redoing/editing the milk ad song "them bones, them bones need calcium" to "them bones, them bones, them bones need calcium" to fuck with people.

The Heretic on the remaster of The Headless Children is the same, there's just one bar cut out in the middle of the song but it throws it offf big time.

It's actually a different speed too. I bought the tape back in the day and that missing bar always fucked me when I bought a CD years later, so I bought a copy of the original CD off ebay. Despite being the full song, it's shorter than the missing bar version on the reissues. When I compared they two, I copped that they sped up the tape on the original album so The Heretic is faster and slightly higher pitched than all the various reissue versions.

Singers giving a theatrical "I'm so bored" look while they're singing their own songs to a room of people who have paid to see them.

I was at a gig last night - one of the support bands had a collective average age of about 20. The lead singer has this horrible trait. Rolling his eyes and gesticulating as if he'd done this song to death.

If you're Mick Jagger hauling out "Satisfaction" for the billionth time then OK but not if your band is going less than 6 months.

If being a singer in a band is that difficult why not try TIG welding 316 stainless steel for 7 months and see which career you prefer.

And you'd never see Jagger pulling that shit.