Quote from: livingabortion on July 30, 2020, 03:06:42 PM
Didn't McDonalds just take the line from that Justin Timberlake song, (I have that in my head for some reason)?

Nope, it was a guy at an advertising agency came up with it, he threw himself off a forty story building a few years later.

Jesus. He was no longer loving it.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Yep. In the pissing rain.

politicians.......shower of cunts each and every one of em....well perhaps not all...but the vast vast majority.....cunts

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 30, 2020, 02:56:03 PM
Yup, that's the goal. McDonald's went at it from the actually incorrect grammar angle with "I'm loving it", which also got stuck in everyone's head. And of course Budweiser were the kings of this when they came up with a slogan which was just a guess at how neanderthals may have communicated with each other.

McD's also had those few little catchy notes whistled too.

Didn't Robert Fripp write the melody you get on booting Windows Vista?

I don't know but they used The Rolling Stones song "Start Me Up" for the Windows 95 launch.

Windows 95 - Oops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHUNdye0b1Y

Maybe a foreshadowing for  .....

Windows 98 - Oops

https://youtu.be/IW7Rqwwth84
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Pinterest fucking up search results on Google.

Sitting down, feet up, cans open, playing a few videogames and the PS4 shits itself.

Buzz ruined.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 30, 2020, 07:10:19 PM
"Staycation"

:(

I like that word. I'm not liking the intense traffic it's bringing with it though.

The concept itself is fine. I even get why it would be used in advertising as a cute way of convincing people to spend their money locally this summer,  all of which is perfectly sensible, but when I hear real people use the term in conversation I pull out my crossbow and aim it at the nearest cherub.

Indicators indicators indicators Jesus fucking Christ how do people think it's ok to drive around a busy roundabout without them. Boils my piss something fierce  :abbath:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 31, 2020, 05:27:54 PM
The concept itself is fine. I even get why it would be used in advertising as a cute way of convincing people to spend their money locally this summer,  all of which is perfectly sensible, but when I hear real people use the term in conversation I pull out my crossbow and aim it at the nearest cherub.
If the grown-up is glamping on their staycation then, yeah, let me help you load the bow.

Jaysus, do the Jarlath's & Kate-Lynn's of this world really annoy you beer can chomping much savages that much?  :laugh: