I'll be fiddling as Rome burns,  believe me.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 29, 2020, 10:54:25 AM
I'll be fiddling as Rome burns,  believe me.

"Which historical figure do you most identify with, and why?"
"Hmm, let me think about that one..."

The eternal recurrence of fiddling

I hate that line Eir has on their ad, "Let's Make Possible" Let's use proper grammar, you sound like a thick cunt.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

I don't mind a bit of rain every now and again, but this is fucking depressing  :abbath:

Quote from: livingabortion on July 30, 2020, 12:13:26 AM
I hate that line Eir has on their ad, "Let's Make Possible" Let's use proper grammar, you sound like a thick cunt.

If there was anything like a Like button around here, I'd be hammering that fucker. The English language has gone right down the shitter as of late. I blame t'internet /oldmanshoutingatcloud.

I'm sure the ad is as headwrecking as every other ad, but the grammar is correct.

to make
Let's make
to make up
Let's make up
to make sure
Let's make sure
to make possible
Let's make possible

Hmm, me just classing something horrible as bad grammar then.

Quote from: livingabortion on July 30, 2020, 02:44:13 PM
Hmm, me just classing something horrible as bad grammar then.

It is horrible. I'm sure whoever came up with it wishes they could have sold it to some liberal political party around election time instead of Eir.

Yeah they would have probably got a lot more for it.

Then again, as horrible as it sounds, it works, you remember it.

Yup, that's the goal. McDonald's went at it from the actually incorrect grammar angle with "I'm loving it", which also got stuck in everyone's head. And of course Budweiser were the kings of this when they came up with a slogan which was just a guess at how neanderthals may have communicated with each other.

Didn't McDonalds just take the line from that Justin Timberlake song, (I have that in my head for some reason)?

McDonald's paid Timberlake to sing it. He loved the cash.

He lapped up Ronald's special sauce  :P :laugh: