I know postal services are running at full (or almost) capacity and stuff is a bit late arriving, but it's the not knowing that's killing me.
I have a package coming from Mexico and its been a month now. It could be another one or two months but the not knowing is killer.

As of today, I've been waiting for 9 weeks for a parcel from Australia. I know their postal service is fucked up at the moment but I only have so much patience.

My pet peeve: fucking bluebottles. They can get in a small window but can't find their fucking way out. Cunts.

Have a few packages coming from the States, shipped early March. Still no sign of them. Not complaining, as I know it's been a difficult time for all postal services, but man, it's annoying!

The latest shit, breathy, soulless, balless cover version of an all time classic:

https://youtu.be/3Ao2bGG3Qno

Doing a lot of walking these days, noticing more and more that modern cars are properly over-engineered and too big/bulky for the environment they operate in. They're so futuristic looking and taking up so much space that the houses they're parked outside of look like toy-houses.

I really hate when the technology we use daily is completely not designed for daily use.

Cars, buses and bikes are all out of context with their own context.

Noisy cunt neighbours are at it again, 08:10 and they're cutting concrete with a circular saw. And the waft of dust from it isn't good craic either.

They're the type of people that on paper are not antisocial, but since they've moved in they still manage to disturb everyone on a regular basis.

I had to drive to Dublin the other day. That's always a trial as when I pass the Cork county bounds everything is grey and a bit soulless. That's why I always have a hip flask of water straight from the River Lee to keep me safe. Anyway. After I passed the second passport control booth; which was cunningly disguised as a tool booth I saw signs which peeved me.
#stay strong # we are in this together.
All that was missing was a picture of Bono handing out toilet paper. Do these messages work?

If I don't have headphones on me I won't go into Dunnes. "The Irish aren't used to keeping their distance, but that's what we have to do, stay safe and well keep the shelves stocked". This shit and similar are repeated every few minutes.

If any of the staff went 'Falling Down' I wouldn't blame them one fucking bit.

Quote from: Scáthach on June 14, 2020, 01:08:13 PM
I know postal services are running at full (or almost) capacity and stuff is a bit late arriving, but it's the not knowing that's killing me.
I have a package coming from Mexico and its been a month now. It could be another one or two months but the not knowing is killer.

Yep. Been there. Now that we have reopened the country (here in Spain), the postal service is normal again, meaning stuff is arriving, actually with alarming speed. Patience.

Quote from: StandupPaul on June 14, 2020, 01:40:59 PM
Have a few packages coming from the States, shipped early March. Still no sign of them. Not complaining, as I know it's been a difficult time for all postal services, but man, it's annoying!
Waited over three weeks for a parcel from Dublin to Belfast, DHL have the head scratching practice of sending packages for the UK to England first, and then onto the north.

There's contractors on our street installing a fibre network. I've been working in the back room all morning. Just went to go out and they've fenced off the front of the house (and our neighbours) completely and started digging. No danger getting the car out until they've finished. Even walking requires barriers to be moved to get off my property and a huge fucking hole to negotiate. Not so much as a knock at the door before they started. Pointed it out to them and got the usual industrial language response. Utter fucking Muppets.

Why can't publishers offer you an eBook download when you buy a print copy of a new book? Like when you get new vinyl. If you're reading a fairly weighty tome (à la Robert Caro's "The Power Broker", Mark Lewisohn's first of three books on The Beatles or Ian Kershaw's 2-part megalith on Hitler) and fancy enjoying it on lunch break in work it's a pain in the hole to have to lug it around with you.

I realise that I could have just bought the Kindle version rather than being a moany cunt, sometimes I like to own the actual book. I buy a fair amount of Kindle titles too. Which brings me to my second whinge - the pricing on Kindle books can be off the wall. Recently I was looking for something and the print copy was cheaper than the digital version. Further to that, why the fuck are Kindle books restricted to territories? Steven Hyden's first two books are available in all formats on Amazon US (where I can't order from) but only in print (at a high price) on Amazon UK.

Quote from: Ducky on June 15, 2020, 08:27:39 AM
Noisy cunt neighbours are at it again, 08:10 and they're cutting concrete with a circular saw. And the waft of dust from it isn't good craic either.

They're the type of people that on paper are not antisocial, but since they've moved in they still manage to disturb everyone on a regular basis.

I have one of those as well, either a power saw or an angle grinder, some mornings wanna shoot the cunt, aware this is bad vibes for my own emotional wellbeing

Quote from: Coscartac on June 15, 2020, 01:15:01 PM
Quote from: StandupPaul on June 14, 2020, 01:40:59 PM
Waited over three weeks for a parcel from Dublin to Belfast, DHL have the head scratching practice of sending packages for the UK to England first, and then onto the north.
Oof! I'll do ya one better. South Dublin to North Dublin via DHL. Fuckin thing went to Frankfurt first and took near 3 weeks. I'll stick with An Post next time and won't be such a cheapskate  :laugh: