As often as possible I through in " no dog gets washed without soap". I made it up and find it's an excellent one to throw into an argument. Particularly when defending and indefensible position. It makes my wife even angrier. I tend to throw in " cool your goose baby". This too leads to fireworks.
Why? Because it diverts the discussion to my sayings and the indefensible position gets forgotten about albeit for a brief period.

Dealing with companies atm

Contact 3 via twitter - ok send us a dm with your account details and we'll look into this. That was 11 days ago and they just haven't responded to me but are active online responding to people. I've a feeling they are just directing everyone into their DM's and letting it all pile up there. Fuckin useless

Virgin - .. need I say anything else?

UPS - Mac Air 2020 due to be delivered yesterday 'by the end of the day' as per the tracking on the site. They respond to me on twitter DM to say the tracking wasn't correct and it should be there today. Tracking now says 'check back later for more information'. They have stopped replying on DM's and calling their phone line is a bunch automated cuntishness

..im going to cut a bitch before the end of the week  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

In situations like that, the only thing to do is complain about it on their social media pages. It's all about PR to them, when they get bad publicity they're all over it.

I had an issue with Eir a few years ago, when I was on pay as you go. They took a coupla Euro out of my account when I topped up, as a 'maintenance fee' or something, with no warning or explanation. I queried it via chat, emailed them, tried to ring them etc., to no avail. I posted about it on their FB page and had a message within 2 minutes, and it was sorted there and then.

Quote from: Carnage on June 19, 2020, 12:33:37 PM
In situations like that, the only thing to do is complain about it on their social media pages. It's all about PR to them, when they get bad publicity they're all over it.

I had an issue with Eir a few years ago, when I was on pay as you go. They took a coupla Euro out of my account when I topped up, as a 'maintenance fee' or something, with no warning or explanation. I queried it via chat, emailed them, tried to ring them etc., to no avail. I posted about it on their FB page and had a message within 2 minutes, and it was sorted there and then.

Literally on 3's twitter page posting about it for the last week and not a single reply from them.

I've given up on Virgin, they do respond but never actually read the details of what you've told them and auto paste in the reply of 'have you powered it off and on' or 'we've had no other reports in your area'...

UPS on their twitter and again no response back

Apparently saying covid/epidemic is reason enough to give shite customer service atm 

vodafone is worst of all

After dealings with Eir a few years ago, I can't imagine how any company could be worse. And I've dealt with a few showers of muppets. I wanted to headbutt the phone dealing with Eir. Fuckin handicaps.

People walking in cycle lanes. There's a big footpath right there! Fuck sake like.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 19, 2020, 05:23:57 PM
People walking in cycle lanes. There's a big footpath right there! Fuck sake like.

Because the cyclists are on the footpath?

That's also very irritating but I was out in the bike earlier, nobody around at all yet one goon walking right in front of me on the cycle track.

Quote from: Emphyrio on June 19, 2020, 01:39:05 PM
After dealings with Eir a few years ago, I can't imagine how any company could be worse. And I've dealt with a few showers of muppets. I wanted to headbutt the phone dealing with Eir. Fuckin handicaps.

I was with Meteor for about 11 years with no problems. Then Eir took over and fucked it all up for me. To this day I'm still recieving a monthly bill, although I'm not being charged for it, and whenever I call customer support, I'm passed around for half an hour nobody knows what's going on and they tell me to login online. But when I try to login online with my correct details, the screen just goes blank. It's literally like I don't exist!!!

Fuck them!!

Quote from: Circlepit on June 19, 2020, 11:40:34 AM
As often as possible I through in " no dog gets washed without soap". I made it up and find it's an excellent one to throw into an argument. Particularly when defending and indefensible position. It makes my wife even angrier. I tend to throw in " cool your goose baby". This too leads to fireworks.
Why? Because it diverts the discussion to my sayings and the indefensible position gets forgotten about albeit for a brief period.

I'd watch a sitcom of this

Quote from: Giggles on June 19, 2020, 11:11:23 PM

I was with Meteor for about 11 years with no problems. Then Eir took over and fucked it all up for me. To this day I'm still recieving a monthly bill, although I'm not being charged for it, and whenever I call customer support, I'm passed around for half an hour nobody knows what's going on and they tell me to login online. But when I try to login online with my correct details, the screen just goes blank. It's literally like I don't exist!!!

Fuck them!!

Back when they were still called Eircom, I had to cancel my Mum's phone/broadband when she died. Rang them up, said the only way I could do that would be to buy out the rest of the contract, then they'll issue it back (minus the current month) via cheque. Seemed a bit convoluted, but I just wanted it done as life was too fucking stressful for the last week or so.

So I did that (to the tune of €300), got the cheque posted to me, only to find they issued it in my mother's name and was one of those "pay account holder only" jobbies.

I had to go through four different people before I could get someone that understood that sending me a cheque in my mother's name is no fucking good because she isn't here to lodge it.

Thanks for the additional upset and stress during the most upsetting and stressful time of my life, Eircom, (compared to Sky TV and Electric Ireland who were both super helpful with the cancellations).

I have a recurring Eir bill myself, and haven't been with them for a year. They made it so convoluted to cancel my contract that I just told them to go fuck. Had a similar situation with Pure Telecom and they sold my debt to Intrum Justitia, who used to give me endless entertainment, trying to get me to confirm my name over the phone until they gave up

Quote from: Ducky on June 20, 2020, 10:33:37 AM
Quote from: Giggles on June 19, 2020, 11:11:23 PM

Fuck them!!

Back when they were still called Eircom, I had to cancel my Mum's phone/broadband when she died. Rang them up, said the only way I could do that would be to buy out the rest of the contract, then they'll issue it back (minus the current month) via cheque. Seemed a bit convoluted, but I just wanted it done as life was too fucking stressful for the last week or so.

So I did that (to the tune of €300), got the cheque posted to me, only to find they issued it in my mother's name and was one of those "pay account holder only" jobbies.

I had to go through four different people before I could get someone that understood that sending me a cheque in my mother's name is no fucking good because she isn't here to lodge it.

Thanks for the additional upset and stress during the most upsetting and stressful time of my life, Eircom, (compared to Sky TV and Electric Ireland who were both super helpful with the cancellations).

Hey man I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks mugz, it's almost nine years (to the day) now, so it isn't raw but it never really goes away.

A bridge we must all cross some day, I guess