Not a peeve exactly, and a year out of date but I just got a link of yer man Conlan walking out to a title fight in MSG with an Irish WWE wrestler behind carrying the flag to 'Celtic Symphony' (oh ah up the 'Ra) as his entrance music....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unbelievable, hard to fathom unless you watch it.

#1517 May 20, 2020, 10:26:37 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 10:35:04 AM by Giggles
"Your password must be between 6 and 10 characters long".

Why? Why must it be between 6 and 10? Is a password with only 10 characters less likely to be cracked than a password with 15 characters? Or is it because the websites coder set these parameters for no good reason?

"Thank you for registering. You can now login with your email address and password"

And then when I go to login:   "Incorrect username/password. If you have recently updated your account, please allow up to 12 hours before you attempt to login."  Right..... so I can't "now login" with my details.

What is it with the design of certain Irish websites being unnecessarily daft.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on May 17, 2020, 05:35:10 PM
Not a peeve exactly, and a year out of date but I just got a link of yer man Conlan walking out to a title fight in MSG with an Irish WWE wrestler behind carrying the flag to 'Celtic Symphony' (oh ah up the 'Ra) as his entrance music....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Unbelievable, hard to fathom unless you watch it.

That fight was Paddys day 2019 I remember watching in the pub, seeing the wrestler he came out with and thinking 'I know that fellas face from somewhere'

Bought a flat screen tv in December 2018. Our warranty was for one year.  Telly died last week; the motherboard bit the dust.  €225 to get the cunt fixed  :(

Warranty be damned. Bring it back to where you bought it, your statutory right means you have 3 years for repair, replacement or refund.

Interesting.  Cheers for the information.

As long as you're not at fault, you haven't damaged it or altered it (opened it or tried to repair it yourself), they have to offer you one of the above three options.

That's in the Republic now, I think it's an EU law. If you're in NI, I don't know how that works, what with Brexit and all that.

That is very interesting indeed and I wish I'd known about it when my old flatscreen bit the dust after less than 2 years

You've got two years absolute minimum warranty on everything you buy in Ireland, whether new or secondhand, but it can go as far as six years. A mate got his TV of four years replaced by Tesco (after a bit of over and back)... it would've been a cheaper and easier fix than a motherboard replacement too

This is worth a quick skim for a summary of your rights and there's links to the various bits of legislation to have a deeper look too.

https://www.eccireland.ie/consumer-rights/buying-goods-services/

Ah grand, sound for that

When bands name all their releases the same.....Battle Ruins and The Haunting Presence being two that spring to mind....lazy bastards...
Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

My already noisy as fuck neighbours (he's err, slow and loud and she's a hothead) are doing some construction work in the back yard. Lots of sawing, hammering and swearing when stuff doesn't fit. Grand, sure it's their back garden.

They've two young kids. One likes to bark and meow the day away. They've just given the other one a tin whistle to keep her occupied.

It's the daytime and they're technically not being antisocial or anything, so I can't say shut up, but how are they so much louder than everyone else in the neighbourhood.

Quote from: Ducky on May 28, 2020, 11:25:35 AM
My already noisy as fuck neighbours (he's err, slow and loud and she's a hothead) are doing some construction work in the back yard. Lots of sawing, hammering and swearing when stuff doesn't fit. Grand, sure it's their back garden.

They've two young kids. One likes to bark and meow the day away. They've just given the other one a tin whistle to keep her occupied.

It's the daytime and they're technically not being antisocial or anything, so I can't say shut up, but how are they so much louder than everyone else in the neighbourhood.
Errrrr, because they're right beside you?

Nope, the neighbours the other side hardly make a peep and there's more of them in that house too.

The back of the street is right behind a cemetery too, so there's kind of an unwritten "don't be too loud" rule, but you can hear these cunts before you're near the gaff.