Exactly. It's simply an opinion and a different view point.  Nothing to worry about  :laugh:

Quote from: Carnage on December 12, 2019, 06:32:02 PM
Have you seen how shite and flimsy the current Transformer toys are? Terrible shite, with none of the clever switcheroo action of the old ones. Bring back the metal, lead paint covered ones!

100%. My nephew is big into Transformers (bit retro for his age), and I have bought him several new (official) models (including Optimus Prime  :abbath:), but they are all rubbish looking and difficult to 'transform' to boot.

Shops that don't put prices in their gear. Was out buying a couple of soccer jerseys for my nephews today and not a tag on anything. A made a sharp exit after enquiring and being told of the 130 quid required to take away a Real Madrid shirt. Robbing bastards.

nah fuck that guess the price carry on...a few months ago I was in a toolshop that I was never in before...the high end section had fuck all prices up...so I went up to the counter and said is there a prize for guessing the prices? took a while for the penny to drop with the assistant..I  said it's a complete joke that prices aren't on display and that I wouldn't be back and certainly would not be recommending  anyone to come here...then the cunts complain when people hit Amazon?

#949 December 15, 2019, 09:38:34 PM Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 09:40:25 PM by Pedrito
Yep, completely agree. Is it a new ploy to catch people out with high prices? i.e. people end up paying because they don't want to be impolite?

Something that peeved me tonight walking around a shopping centre was how programmed we all are in these places. The easiest thing would be to number the aisles and have screens posted around the shop to tell you where the fucking porridge is. You go to the touchscreen, type in the word and it directs you type thang. But no, you have to walk up and down the shop 5 times, and in the meanwhile you're picking 2 or 3 unnecessary...sneaky sales and marketing bastards. Evil incarnate...should write a black metal song about them. 

Quote from: Caomhaoin on December 15, 2019, 02:18:43 PM
Shops that don't put prices in their gear. Was out buying a couple of soccer jerseys for my nephews today and not a tag on anything. A made a sharp exit after enquiring and being told of the 130 quid required to take away a Real Madrid shirt. Robbing bastards.

One year I asked for a Liverpool jersey from Santy and got a knitted red jumper with L.F.C. in white. The neck used be itched off me playing football. Go to the big Chinese stores in Madrid Kev, you'll pick up a decent rip off for 20 euros at most.

Just a ploy to get people to walk up to the counter with the item and hopefully options 2 or 3 will happen

1) They tell you the high price of the item and you go fuck that and leave
2) You just buy it cause you are there already
3) It costs to much but you don't want to look cheap

Birthdays around Christmas. Gnrrr. Hard enough trying to think up present ideas for the event itself.... one piled up on another is a bit of a mindfuck.

Christmas parties, total shit show, spending time with people you don't even want to spend with in work

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on December 16, 2019, 11:12:49 AM
Birthdays around Christmas. Gnrrr. Hard enough trying to think up present ideas for the event itself.... one piled up on another is a bit of a mindfuck.

This. My sister's is today, my brother's is on the 29th.

Buying a round and having to wait on a poxy Guinness, or asking for it in one pull and then having an argument with the barman about how it doesn't make any fucking difference

Quote from: Trev on December 16, 2019, 07:22:28 PM
Buying a round and having to wait on a poxy Guinness, or asking for it in one pull and then having an argument with the barman about how it doesn't make any fucking difference
You absolute philistine.  :laugh:
Just tell the barman to lob it to your table when he pulls it (properly).

Quote from: Trev on December 16, 2019, 07:22:28 PM

Jeeeee-sus Christ. 

Order the Guinness at the start of the round. If the bar staff are any good at all they'll pour it first and let it settle while they get everything else.

Getting Christmas cards from folks you haven't seen or spoken to in in many, many years that are addressed to '+ family'. The fact you don't know my wife's name or my kids names suggests a card probably wasn't necessary!

I've completely stopped doing any sort of cards (bar a group birthday card) as they're a waste of money, paper, etc.

There's a brand called Waldo Pancake that do a great line of dryshite/grumpy bastard cards. One of them has something like "OMG best birthday card ever*" on the front, it's blank inside and reads "*chuck me in the bin now" on the back.

Their "back away, fatty" fridge magnet was particularly nice :laugh: