#840 November 06, 2019, 09:18:14 PM Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 09:34:56 PM by Eoin McLove
The ad on telly for Liberty Insurance. 

'I do know a plumber,  but his name is Leaky!'

Cuntish.

A bunch of fucking buffoons sitting on a couch laughing at nothing.  The irritation of seeing this ad regularly over the past few months is,  ironically,  like Chinese water torture.  Leaky is the word...

Why can't folks get themselves ready before they leave the house in the morning? Fucking bus is full of people plucking eyebrows, brushing hair, sandpapering nails, putting on makeup etc. Only a matter of time before blokes are bringing electric shavers on the bus!

#842 November 12, 2019, 12:13:57 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 12:16:15 PM by Ducky
I know it's not in the spirt of the thread, but people are exhausted, they spend most of their waking hours at a job they hate making boatloads of money for other people and if they can claw back 10 minutes more in cot in the morning by doing their stuff on the bus, so be it.

Tenacious D. People going nuts over their gig here that got announced.

Jack Black is an unfunny fuck and his "music" is fucking embarrassing, but here's all the Real Alternative Types drinking that cloudy urine down and you've no sense of humour if you don't get it 🙄

Quote from: Ducky on November 12, 2019, 12:15:55 PM

Jack Black is an unfunny fuck and his "music" is fucking embarrassing, but here's all the Real Alternative Types drinking that cloudy urine down and you've no sense of humour if you don't get it 🙄
Where are they playing? Please don't say the Three Arena...

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on November 12, 2019, 12:27:00 PM

Where are they playing? Please don't say the Three Arena...

The Point Theater  :abbath:

Yeah the unfunniest cunt on the planet is coming to a 3Arena near you.

I thought they were brilliant when they first came out, probably from being about 13 or 14 thinking "hurr hurr, a song called Fuck her Gently, that's gas". Don't think there's another band I've grown out of so quickly, stuck on the album a few months after and remember thinking "this is absolute muck, what the fuck was I thinking?" Saying all that, the guy that isn't Jack Black is a pretty decent guitarist

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 06, 2019, 09:18:14 PM

Cuntish.

A bunch of fucking buffoons sitting on a couch laughing at nothing.  The irritation of seeing this ad regularly over the past few months is,  ironically,  like Chinese water torture.  Leaky is the word...

I can't hack watching tv regularily because of ads. Used to live with people who insisted on having the tv on 24/7 for years and the ads did my fucking head in. You might get a wee gem every now and again, but then it will get overplayed and you will hate it. Ads like the one you have mentioned above are just so.... frustrating  :laugh:
Haven't had tv for a good 9 years now.

I love a bit of Tenacious D and I think they're pretty funny! I can completely understand why anybody wouldn't like Jack Black though.

Quote from: Trev on November 12, 2019, 03:20:37 PM
I thought they were brilliant when they first came out, probably from being about 13 or 14 thinking "hurr hurr, a song called Fuck her Gently, that's gas". Don't think there's another band I've grown out of so quickly, stuck on the album a few months after and remember thinking "this is absolute muck, what the fuck was I thinking?" Saying all that, the guy that isn't Jack Black is a pretty decent guitarist

Yeah the lad on guitar is good, but it's like being Chris Kontos and drumming for Machine Fuckin'Head  :abbath:

I thought the first album was a laugh when it came out and found it catchy too.  I'm not drawn to comedy music in general so beyond singing along to the songs while drunk I never went any further than that.  They certainly have their place but going to their gig,  or even buying their album,  would be too much for me.  The film was pretty poor as well so I think they had passed their sell by date at that point and that's,  what,  fifteen years ago? Let the AC/DC boggers have their fun,  though. 

Quote from: Giggles on November 12, 2019, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 06, 2019, 09:18:14 PM

Cuntish.

I can't hack watching tv regularily because of ads. Used to live with people who insisted on having the tv on 24/7 for years and the ads did my fucking head in. You might get a wee gem every now and again, but then it will get overplayed and you will hate it. Ads like the one you have mentioned above are just so.... frustrating  :laugh:
Haven't had tv for a good 9 years now.

This, I record everything (bar sports, but I don't watch much) or download if available & skip through the ads.

That cunt in the An Post 'munny' ads is my latest hate figure, her and the 'dayda' wan from whatever network that is. The Three 'make it cyount' arsehole too.

I'm peeved to see the NWN forum go.  I think it was an incredible resource for all things metal with the amount of people who were active there, many of whom had deep extensive knowledge on the most obscure aspects of the scene.  It was such an active forum.  While I had no particular problem with right wing labels or bands being promoted there, I thought it was strange that a few hard-core right wingers were given leeway to spout endless racist rubbish and in a way it's no wonder Yosuke closed it down.  Pity though.  He should have enforced a no racist discussion policy and banned those who flouted it and kept the forum alive.  It's a real loss.

I'll second that, great resource for new releases from many labels, and recommendations for older stuff. Ixtab was the moderator though, he seemed to let the swivel eyed racists shite on, yet banned lefty stuff. As far as I know YK only posted in the new NWN releases thread and didn't read the other stuff.