I got on the bus about two weeks ago and the guy in front of me was eating a kebab at about 2 in the afternoon, on a Wednesday or Thursday  :laugh:.

The amount of Kurt Cobain wannabe's in the Irish music scene. I'm actually a fan of Nirvana but it's embarrassing the lack of self awareness they all have, the hair, the sweaters, the snarly vocals, the Fender Jaguars, the blatantly lifted melodies and song structures.

You can see it in a bigger band like Fangclub all the way down to local up and coming bands, and none of them seem to cop it  :laugh:.

Paying two yoyos for a 330ml can of sugar-free Coke in the falafel place in Galway. That's just flat out robbery, more fool me for not scoffing the food with no drink.

The comments section on Bandcamp.  People seem to turn into weird robots when posting their comments and write these verbose statements that read like bad promo.  It's cringe inducing.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 04, 2019, 08:40:39 AM
The comments section on Bandcamp.  People seem to turn into weird robots when posting their comments and write these verbose statements that read like bad promo.  It's cringe inducing.

I dunno I got a good one off another forum member lately...

Life's final march. Fruitless animations of flesh cease in the wake of total cosmic annihilation. Death eternal.
Favorite track: Divine Molecular Transcendence.

Pounding rhythms and well crafted beats eventually leave you hypnotized... last track featuring vocals by D. Torturdød (Undergang, Phrenelith, Wormridden)

This is the type of thing I'm talking about but I've seen much worse examples. Almost review- like,  but in that weird, detached, homeless looper talking to the dustbins, stream of consciousness style delivery.

Arseholes with backpacks at gigs. Especially when they're trying to muscle up to the front.

As far as online comments sections go, be grateful.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on November 04, 2019, 01:19:11 PM
Arseholes with backpacks at gigs. Especially when they're trying to muscle up to the front.
Arseholes with backpacks in any space where people stand in close proximity to each other. The kind of cunt who continues to wear their bag in the cramped and unstable shuttle busses between the plane and the terminal deserves the driest of cavity searches.

#836 November 05, 2019, 05:17:55 PM Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:23:13 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Juggz on November 04, 2019, 03:19:20 PM
Arseholes with backpacks in any space where people stand in close proximity to each other. The kind of cunt who continues to wear their bag in the cramped and unstable shuttle busses between the plane and the terminal deserves the driest of cavity searches.

Had this experience in Germany a while back - utter arseholery. Some dickhead shoved his way onto the packed shuttle with a huge backpack on as we got off the plane. Spun 180° hitting people (including my Mrs.) as he swung around. A few people tutted or tried to remonstrate with him as he just shrugged and laughed with his mates. I decided that, seeing as I was now in the middle of the aisle with nothing to hold onto, the loop on his backpack would be what I'd grab for stability.

Over the next three minutes I rattled that little bollix back and forth into his buddies with all the vigour of a British nanny working on a J1 visa in the United States. All the while wearing a "sure what can I do?" look on my face. 

Haha, you tell a good story Stout!

Mo-fucking-vember.

Don't get me wrong - raising awareness for cancer (check yer balls, lads) and suicide prevention is great and all that - and we've all known someone who has been done in by one or the other. I just wonder how many of these lads actually raise any money vs. the number of these young fellas doing it for "the banter" down the local and not bothering their bollix (or bolli if you've been afflicted) to raise money.

One of the lads that I work with is growing a moustache for this month in the handlebar style. It looks fucking brutal. He now resembles a paedo in a Paul Thomas Anderson film or something.

I had actually forgotten about this Movember craic until I was in the gym earlier and the locker room was like a party at Freddie Mercury's gaff in 1981.