I think you could. Kick him in the balls then poo on his head.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 18, 2019, 03:38:47 PM
Driving between Kinnegad and Enfield and some dick in a Beemer starts driving up my hole.  Limit is 80, I'm going between 90 and 100 so not exactly holding up the show plus there's a truck in front of me.  I'm waiting for him to overtake.  No chance, he  just keeps tailgating me.  I do what any clearly thinking, short tempered road-rage-aholic would do,  and hit the brakes,  slowing right down.

He's (immaturely) flapping his arms,  I'm (more righteously and maturely) flapping mine and he goes around me.  We hit roadworks and have to stop so he gets out and walks over. I'm thinking,  fuck,  fistfight in the middle of the road,  this is going to be fun.  I get out.

First thing he says is 'I wasn't driving too close!'
Guilty,  motherfucker!

Upshot,  fuck all happened but we sit awkwardly waiting for the stop/go to change and when it finally does he drives up the hole of the truck that was in front of me the entire way to Enfield! Maybe he was demonstrating what tailgating was so I
would  recognise it next time it wasn't happening to me  :laugh:

Gimp.

He is what is referred to in driving circles as a complete cunt

Yep. Wouldn't call myself a die-hard rugby fan or anything like that, but there was certainly a depressing inevitability to today's outcome. Certainly there were a few misguided notions floating around that Ireland could pull a shock result out of the bag, but that was never going to happen. And EVEN if it did, we would have had to get past England in the semi's, a side that made light work of us the last time both played. We just bottle it every time. No excuses.

Well, I suppose specifically with regards to the world cup. They've consistently failed to progress beyond the quarter finals, which is grand if you're not a top tier team.

Nor have they ever beaten the host nation. Disappointing, but not surprising outcome, they haven't impressed since the Scotland game.

The op-ed in the independent was totally over the top,  as abysmal as they were. Hard going watching them run out of ideas after such a great year in 2018.

The French second row who got sent off there...what an absolute fucking spa. Cost his side a place in the semis.

Yeah, we seem to lose our head as a nation, the press especially at these rugby world cups. Rugby is a game of passion aswell, not everything can be mathematically calculated, which a lot of these 'journalists' seem to believe. I felt we were far too arrogant talking about quarter finals even before a ball was kicked. England made that mistake in their own world cup and we seem to constantly make that mistake.

I watched a good bit of the post mortem on off the ball yesterday and, generally, the consensus was that there was no plan B once the 2018 formula had been rumbled. That and not shaking up the personnel a bit, even with the obvious flaws in, for example, Stockdales defensive work.

I'd like to see Wales do it, but I can't help feeling the winner of NZ v England will lift the trophy. God help us if England win, telly will be unwatchable!

I'd rather England than Wales and that's saying something.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on October 20, 2019, 11:31:17 AM
I watched a good bit of the post mortem on off the ball yesterday and, generally, the consensus was that there was no plan B once the 2018 formula had been rumbled. That and not shaking up the personnel a bit, even with the obvious flaws in, for example, Stockdales defensive work.

I'd like to see Wales do it, but I can't help feeling the winner of NZ v England will lift the trophy. God help us if England win, telly will be unwatchable!

If England beat new Zealand which I can't see South Africa will give England a good game. But i cant see anyone topping new zealand. They adapt on the fly and are just ferocious.

Japan v South Africa was interesting, when SA left Japan play fast they were struggling and ended the first half fairly close, but in the second it was a clear demonstration of how you use your advantages to crush the other teams. The high kicks were an interesting tactic to get knock on and then the scrum, penalty, line out, maul, just basic brute force that rolled over the plucky Japanese. Ireland would have been fucked against SA as much as they were against NZ, the power of SA will be interesting against Wales. I can see a NZ SA final and maybe SA winning.

I have a feeling SA might do it too.

It's the All Blacks' to lose. They have it all to prove after slumping a bit over the past couple of years. They exorcised a few demons when they annihilated Ireland  yesterday, but they're gonna dominate anyone else the meet.