Quote from: Snare on July 10, 2024, 10:22:24 AM
Quote from: Ollkiller on July 09, 2024, 01:23:25 PMWhen I used to play soccer the crowd would barely register with me. And there would be a few hundred in attendance. If someone was abusing me (and I got it all the time with the long hair) I'd laugh it off. They want you to get riled. Fuck that.

Who did you play with Ollkiller? Fair play in reaching that level anyway.

To echo other point above, the bad language around kids at games drives me daft as well. Get a hold of yerselves like  :-\

Ah it wasn't that high a level. Played for castlebar celtic in the mayo league and the connaught senior league and was on the mayo soccer team. Connaught senior league was a high enough standard with the likes of mervue united, salthill Devon and B teams from galway city, sligo rovers and athlone town who would regularly field around 4 to 5 first teamers a game. So you'd regularly get a few hundred at games. More when got to finals etc.

Tbh if I applied myself u could have played League of Ireland but I had a mate playing for Shelbourne and he only got a hundred quid a week and was working part time. Had no social life so I went with bands and beer instead.

Ronnie Whelan is a Liverpool legend but both him and Ray Houghton are insufferable cunts of commentators, get Jim Beglin on board RTE...

But both get an eternal free pass for their goals in Euro 88.

It's coming home..its coming home..etc etc..

Their lack of self awareness is mind blowing..

Quote from: The Heretic on July 11, 2024, 08:54:24 AMIt's coming home..its coming home..etc etc..

Their lack of self awareness is mind blowing..

Same lads who were racially abusing their own players and calling for Southgate's head a mere week ago...

Quote from: Ollkiller on July 10, 2024, 11:43:53 AM
Quote from: Snare on July 10, 2024, 10:22:24 AM
Quote from: Ollkiller on July 09, 2024, 01:23:25 PMWhen I used to play soccer the crowd would barely register with me. And there would be a few hundred in attendance. If someone was abusing me (and I got it all the time with the long hair) I'd laugh it off. They want you to get riled. Fuck that.

Who did you play with Ollkiller? Fair play in reaching that level anyway.

To echo other point above, the bad language around kids at games drives me daft as well. Get a hold of yerselves like  :-\

Ah it wasn't that high a level. Played for castlebar celtic in the mayo league and the connaught senior league and was on the mayo soccer team. Connaught senior league was a high enough standard with the likes of mervue united, salthill Devon and B teams from galway city, sligo rovers and athlone town who would regularly field around 4 to 5 first teamers a game. So you'd regularly get a few hundred at games. More when got to finals etc.

Tbh if I applied myself u could have played League of Ireland but I had a mate playing for Shelbourne and he only got a hundred quid a week and was working part time. Had no social life so I went with bands and beer instead.

Fair play all the same as you still played in front of hundreds. Wise move on the LOI v bands and a social life though!  :laugh:

Finished drinking a little while ago and forgot my headphones for the reasonable stroll home.  You miss out on peak album enjoyment through errors like this.

At least the spicy trickle of vindaloo from gut to anus will keep you warm on the walk home.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 13, 2024, 10:44:34 AMAt least the spicy trickle of vindaloo from gut to anus will keep you warm on the walk home.
I even have some left for later in case I started feeling good about myself again

Quote from: ochoill on July 13, 2024, 12:00:22 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 13, 2024, 10:44:34 AMAt least the spicy trickle of vindaloo from gut to anus will keep you warm on the walk home.
I even have some left for later in case I started feeling good about myself again

It trickles out in the voice of Liquid Snake

Quote from: ochoill on July 13, 2024, 12:00:22 PM

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Fibreglass insullation. In the attic putting in a new fan and that fucking fibreglass is evil shit.

Used to work on chimney repair for a few years and a cold shower is great for getting the fibreglass off before the itch gets going in earnest although it's a pure cunt in winter. I don't miss it

Cunts ringing every five minutes, spending more time asking if we have tickets than ordering stuff.

RTE take the piss with the taxpayer, then said taxpayer has to get the lube out once again...shower of cunts