Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on March 24, 2019, 11:29:36 AM
McDonalds' new paper straws. Just fuck off.

Used those things in Eddie Rockets when I was home at xmas, was three of us and we must of went through over 20 straws between us before we finished our milkshakes.

Sunday night.  Can't sleep. Alarm bell creeping ever closer.

Buying a few fish to top up stocks of my aquarium only for the cunts to bring a fungal infection in and wipe out 8 of my existing fish. I'll be fucking lucky if it stops there...  >:(

Just attended my first ever residents association AGM having never previously owned a house.  Jesus.... is this my life now?  :-X

Twentysomethings in the workplace. Had a meeting yesterday with some of the young people which went normally enough, nothing which stands out as being notable. All shop talk, how something will work and what everyone needs to do to make it work, all good. Got an IM from one of them this morning referring to the tone of the meeting being a little "frosty". It's doing my head in since, trying to figure out what they're referring to. I thought it went quite well, I've been to much, much, much worse that that  :laugh:

Icy what you did there.

When someone walks over to speak to you and as they approach.. the smell of unwashed body and general neglect hits your nose and you almost vomit...

What is wrong with people!

Quote from: Juggz on March 27, 2019, 09:49:10 AM
Twentysomethings in the workplace. Had a meeting yesterday with some of the young people which went normally enough, nothing which stands out as being notable. All shop talk, how something will work and what everyone needs to do to make it work, all good. Got an IM from one of them this morning referring to the tone of the meeting being a little "frosty". It's doing my head in since, trying to figure out what they're referring to. I thought it went quite well, I've been to much, much, much worse that that  :laugh:

Ive noticed this as well - most younger people in our place cannot handle even the mildest of bollockings and seem to take everything personally. Theyre missing the late 20s cynicism I think.

There wasn't even a bollocking, it was all sticking to the facts, being clear about what needed to be done and then about getting that work done. Then I summed up, said goodbye and left.

I'm beginning to think that it might be the lack of a team selfie or something like that? Maybe we should have started a whatsapp group to celebrate the meeting? I don't know.

Quote from: Juggz on March 27, 2019, 08:47:30 PM
There wasn't even a bollocking, it was all sticking to the facts, being clear about what needed to be done and then about getting that work done. Then I summed up, said goodbye and left.

That's me at work too. An approach that my boss tells me is a little too curt for most people...

#282 March 27, 2019, 09:22:16 PM Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:23:50 PM by Aborted
How about a Group selfie at the end of each meeting, print it out and have a collage of team meeting photos each with a pose more funnier than the last LOLZ

A lot of people can't take facts or a straight forward attitude without a scoop of ice cream thrown in to help them get through it.

Maybe some free Kombuchas would sweeten the deal for them.

I think it's time to introduce National Service, to be honest.