Dave Ellefson thought he was a pump action hired shotgun  :laugh:

Wintersun?

I'm surprised they could get him out of the sauna.

I see Kiko Loureiro has organised an extended leave of absence - Mexican Stand-Off? Has he asked for the proverbial percentage after such a long tenure?

Hardly a wise move, if that's what it is, given the long history of disposable chumps in Megadeth. Does anyone actually give a single fuck if it's Kiko or any other temp worker playing the Tornado of Souls solo, once they play the solo? Oul Marty has been sniffing around too. For a lad who lives in Finland, you'd think he might know what thin ice looks like, wha?

I hear ya, but after such a long time I get it, it's quite possible he's on a lot less than you'd imagine as is the case so often with these things. If you're going to be away from home 11 months of the year it'd want to be worth it to your family.

There's been a load of these cases recently Sergio in Deftones and Jay from Slipknot both with long residency and all with as you say the same outcome.

I thought I saw somewhere online that his absence was because he was getting divorced? Possibly only saw that in the comments on Blabbermouth though.

Still, I wouldn't fancy his chances on returning to the band at all. But as has already been said, who gives a fuck who is in that band anymore.

The days of the other musicians contributing significantly to the Megadeth sound are long gone. The revolving door doesn't bring any fresh ideas to the table anymore, doesn't really matter what hired hands show up, as long as they can play the classics the MegaDave show will roll on.