Bought a case of Guinness West Indies Porter earlier this week. Haven't had it for years and had forgotten what a cracking beer it is. Lovely stuff

Quote from: 101_North on December 21, 2023, 08:06:15 PMBought a case of Guinness West Indies Porter earlier this week. Haven't had it for years and had forgotten what a cracking beer it is. Lovely stuff

It's lovely stuff so it is. Imo, there's no beating the original Extra Stout but the few variations that can be got are a good diversion

The milk stout was lovely, shame it was discontinued. That West Indies porter is grand too, I was pleasantly surprised that they had it in Vicar street last time I was there.

Speaking of foreign stout, if ye ever come across Guinness Bright don't touch it.  It's complete cat.

Made for SE Asian market.  Stout is popular in Malaysia every restaurant I was in had Guinness Extra and Royal Danish in the big bottles ; brewed locally, mighty stuff. But Guinness Bright on the other hand..

Just noticed they dropped leffe beer from 6.6% down to 6, even though I don't drink it that much anymore it's still annoying! I'd rather just pay the extra money.

Have seen that happening with a few beers, the percentage down. I'd also rather just pay the few pence and have it the same

Surely the likes of Leffe shouldn't be affected by minimum unit pricing since it was already pricey enough?

It looks like it's a UK thing - there is a new law about tying duty rates to alcohol strength:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/22730249/pints-weaker-beer-alcohol-prices/

Been off the booze for 5 months. I just got my Kris Kringle present: nothing but booze. A sign?  :laugh:

Quote from: jpm4 on December 24, 2023, 10:35:59 AMIt looks like it's a UK thing - there is a new law about tying duty rates to alcohol strength:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/22730249/pints-weaker-beer-alcohol-prices/

Fuckin scabby cunts

Turns out O'Briens offie take a one4all voucher.  Merry Christmas to me, grand little haul to get started:

I like the way you have the few Prazsky there as a sort of palate cleanser between courses