Getting into the drink at half 4 on a friday when I won't see work until next thursday. Fucking delightful and I'm soundtracking it with The Downward Spiral because that's what's going to happen

Insert internet salute here.

Quote from: astfgyl on April 29, 2022, 04:32:35 PM
Getting into the drink at half 4 on a friday when I won't see work until next thursday. Fucking delightful and I'm soundtracking it with The Downward Spiral because that's what's going to happen
I've got about 3 weeks of pure college stress left in me, the thoughts of doing something like this is a shining light at the end of a large intestine.

Walking past the turn off for my estate because there's still 15 mins. left on the album I'm listening to. No rush home...

I hardly ever go out walking with the headphones these days but I do often sit outside the gaff in the car to finish out an album, staring into thin air and it's wonderful

Tuning down to C# and blasting out Sabbath riffs !

When the Mrs leaves me alone in the gaff to watch two soccer matches and the hurling (even though Kilkenny lost).

A night out at a pub in Ireland. You do forget how enjoyable it is just to spend a few hours down your local, even if it's changed a bit over the years.

The swallows are back nesting in the shed and I just saw two wood pigeons fighting in the tree out behind our place. Plus there's great drying out. Getting more and more summery by the day.

Getting a tax refund this morning after having to go to the hairdressers and pay the Mrs €260 (!) bill because her credit card didn't work yesterday.

It all evens out :)

Got a tax refund this week just shy of a grand. Much needed after a bad run of luck. Having a beer out the back watching the swallows darting over head. 8)

Quote from: Hellyeah on May 13, 2022, 08:36:37 PM
Got a tax refund this week just shy of a grand. Much needed after a bad run of luck. Having a beer out the back watching the swallows darting over head. 8)
Quote from: Hellyeah on May 13, 2022, 08:36:37 PM

There's a pair of blackbirds who mate in May in a hedge in my garden. Fucking chirping on 24/7 at the cat. Head melted.

#1212 May 16, 2022, 03:10:32 PM Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 06:02:42 PM by Snare
Localisms...

while out driving the kids back from basketball yesterday traffic was built up for some reason. Big massive jeep coming against us with the windows down talking to the car in front of us. Gets to us and departs words of wisdom - "you might want to turn around, the traffic lights are goosed".  :)

Is goosed used anywhere else besides Cork in this context? Some of our new locals the past few years would be scratching their heads as to what he was talking about.

I hadn't heard it for a long time and it had me smiling  like a simpleton for a good while. A new one on the kids as well  8)

Im West wicklow and "goosed" would be common speak around these parts.😀

Goosed was used in Mayo growing up as well.