I actually forgot about Metal After Mass and it was our biggest ever break  :abbath:

Meself and the lad actually picked it back up last year and half finished a few bits again that will likely sit on a hard drive forever while ochoill finishes 8 or 9 different projects in the meantime. We do keep telling ourselves we'll play one gig some day but there's a strong chance death will come to us before that.

And fair play to ya John, you do have a couple of bits in the archive sound for that as well. There's an awful lot of things on there that would otherwise be disappeared into the aether altogether.

In the spirit of your young fella, it was way more fun when we were doing it in the most spartan possible conditions. Actually trying hard to make it right was shit craic by comparison

Quote from: astfgyl on August 27, 2024, 10:57:43 PMAhhhh. Wind gone straight out of the sails.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sorry about that lad.
If its any consolation I'm after listening to Eye Of Newt And Other Ingredients there and I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

Class story, I really enjoyed reading that!  :abbath:

That was a great story. Possibly merits a separate thread for first/exploratory/lo-fi band attempts?

Glad ye enjoyed that effort of a story, it was some craic at the time alright.  This is all also definitely why I am so DIY with the music nowadays too, just always found it more fun.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on August 28, 2024, 01:01:56 AMIf its any consolation I'm after listening to Eye Of Newt And Other Ingredients there and I enjoyed the fuck out of it.
Easily our best anyway, most of it written and put together long distance too while I was in Canada, a couple older ones got pulled into it mind.

Quote from: jobrok1 on August 27, 2024, 11:06:57 PMDidn't ye have a track or two on the Metal After Mass comps?

I'm pretty sure I have 'Songs for Shitting' and another one stashed away in the IMA drives and cloud.
Yup, one song on the V2 of it.  It ended up reworked and on an EP somewhere...

Actually if I do get the CDs off him and manage to clean the files up a bit I might send them on to you too to host there if you didn't mind, good to have them in the library for posterity and I don't think they would see much action on Bandcamp :laugh:

I have downloads of SFS and OLD from when you had the up on Mininova or somewhere like that.
I'll drag them of my cloud account and check 'em out.
Can send a link if you need it?

Quote from: jobrok1 on August 28, 2024, 09:30:11 AMI have downloads of SFS and OLD from when you had the up on Mininova or somewhere like that.
I'll drag them of my cloud account and check 'em out.
Can send a link if you need it?

Ah yeah sound, I have SFS but I don't have OLD, will gladly take a link for that!

I actually have a few of the other old ones here in a dropbox from a hunt down a couple years back, 4 track era so post-story, I need to talk to himself this evening and try find track titles because there is absolutely nothing written in the folder :laugh:

Quote from: astfgyl on August 27, 2024, 11:15:46 PMWe do keep telling ourselves we'll play one gig some day but there's a strong chance death will come to us before that.

Go the Darkthrone route and keep it trve :abbath:

Quote from: ochoill on August 28, 2024, 10:21:47 AMAh yeah sound, I have SFS but I don't have OLD, will gladly take a link for that!

PM'd

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on August 28, 2024, 01:01:56 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on August 27, 2024, 10:57:43 PMAhhhh. Wind gone straight out of the sails.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sorry about that lad.
If its any consolation I'm after listening to Eye Of Newt And Other Ingredients there and I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

Just listened to it myself there and have to agree I enjoyed it too. Bring back Antihuman!

Quote from: Mooncat on August 28, 2024, 06:53:25 PM
Quote from: son of the Morrigan on August 28, 2024, 01:01:56 AM

Sorry about that lad.

Just listened to it myself there and have to agree I enjoyed it too. Bring back Antihuman!

Sound out lads I'm just delighted anyone listened to it ever at all. Top of the pops beckons

Clearing out the shed earlier and found a forgotten slab of cans from last Christmas. That's my evening sorted now!

Quote from: Trev on August 30, 2024, 08:29:37 PMClearing out the shed earlier and found a forgotten slab of cans from last Christmas. That's my evening sorted now!

What a score! That's the can equivalent of finding a full blim after half a year.

Quote from: Trev on August 30, 2024, 08:29:37 PMClearing out the shed earlier and found a forgotten slab of cans from last Christmas. That's my evening sorted now!
UNREAL

Related to the last couple of posts but more peeve than pleasure I can't access the old Antihuman account on bandcamp because I can't remember the email password, and scooting around online, all I can find are cunts selling the tunes I had up for free. Have loads of stuff hidden on the bandcamp but those are the only versions in existence due to several hard drive failures and such over the years. Have reached out to support but they're asking me for original filenames etc and I can't remember any of them lol.

Have sent a screenshot of the Irish Metal Archive page along with me holding my passport up to it, and that represents my best chance so fair play to Jobrok for having it there!

God only knows if they'll let me back in