Quote from: Carnage on August 16, 2024, 06:05:35 PMTurf: done.

I fucking hate being a bogger but I'll be glad of it come winter.

Nothing wrong with being a bogger, I've served my time in the trenches there, and bliss when winters arrives and oil goes up!!

Oh I'm happy enough not living in a city, but could do without the bog itself. Always hated it. This is the best day of the year, it marks the longest time until I have to go back again.

I love it in the bog from years of archaeology, but I have never footed turf. Maybe that would be enough to beat the love out of the place?

That's a pain but it's not the worst of it as you're more or less left to your own devices, time to think etc. It destroys the back of your legs though, holding such an unnatural position for so long.

Actually, yeah it probably would.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 17, 2024, 12:09:12 AMI love it in the bog from years of archaeology, but I have never footed turf. Maybe that would be enough to beat the love out of the place?

No. It actually makes you love it more because you have suffered together

This one for this thread and the football thread.
Jermaine Jenas getting sacked by the BBC while he's live on Talksport waffling about Ten Hag getting the sack.  :laugh:

:laugh:  What's the alleged background to those communications anyone know?

Quote from: Snare on August 23, 2024, 12:29:15 AM:laugh:  What's the alleged background to those communications anyone know?

Ridinnnn.............probably

He's so sickeningly clean cut though, he probably just got caught with his fingers in some doll..'s  jar of moisturiser
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The second clutch of Swallow chicks fledged today and are presently sitting on the gutter outside my sitting room window being fed and coaxed to fly by the parents. Lovely to watch.

My brother saw one of them hatch in the nest a couple of weeks ago, I'm quite jealous.

:laugh:

Interesting the way yesterday Jenas wouldn't say anything other than it's in the hands of his lawyers, as if he's innocent and he's going to fight to clear his name.

Then today after getting the advice which obviously snookered him, he comes clean and says yeah I have a problem. Poor me, I'm stuck with only an underwear model wife so I have to reach out to other consenting adults for a better life :laugh:

Went to a car boot sale over the weekend.
Was delighted to see the young fella came away with a copy of 'Codex Metallum' and a Panasonic RX-FS430 tape player/recorder.

Each cost him a €5er, so happy days.

He wants the tape player so he can bedroom record stuff old school BM style.   :laugh:   
There's no talking to him, but for a €5er... have at it, Son!

Tape got jammed the first day. No getting it out, like. So like the good old days, we attacked it with a screw driver.   :abbath:

Opened it up. Took a bit of forecing as the head wasn't retracting and releasing the tape.
Got it opened and realised that something was jamming the heads when the stop button was pressed.
Unscrewed the tape player and attacked that. Figured out the belt was slipping and jamming it up, so a simple enough fix.

Happiest hour I've spent tinkering on something in years.

Certainly made up for me having to dig out, unclogg and fix our busted grease trap on Saturday.
Fuck my life! That was some disgusting, 'kill me now' depressing shit.   :-\

Quote from: jobrok1 on August 26, 2024, 05:47:28 PMWent to a car boot sale over the weekend.
Was delighted to see the young fella came away with a copy of 'Codex Metallum' and a Panasonic RX-FS430 tape player/recorder.

He wants the tape player so he can bedroom record stuff old school BM style.   :laugh:   

Tape got jammed the first day. No getting it out, like. So like the good old days, we attacked it with a screw driver.   :abbath:

Opened it up. Took a bit of forecing as the head wasn't retracting and releasing the tape.
Got it opened and realised that something was jamming the heads when the stop button was pressed.
Unscrewed the tape player and attacked that. Figured out the belt was slipping and jamming it up, so a simple enough fix.

Certainly made up for me having to dig out, unclogg and fix our busted grease trap on Saturday.
Fuck my life! That was some disgusting, 'kill me now' depressing shit.   :-\

I would love to write a decent post about myself and ochoill and hopefully he will,  but I definitely understand

Quote from: jobrok1 on August 26, 2024, 05:47:28 PMWent to a car boot sale over the weekend.

He wants the tape player so he can bedroom record stuff old school BM style.  :laugh: 

Tape got jammed the first day. No getting it out, like. So like the good old days, we attacked it with a screw driver.  :abbath:

Fuck my life! That was some disgusting, 'kill me now' depressing shit.  :-\

Good lad!
€5 is for nothing
And a free lesson in vintage/DIY repairs  8)

Looking forward to hearing the raw sounds  :abbath:

I've never been to a car boot sale. I have visions in my head of going to one and coming away with things I've always wanted and paying fuck all for them.

Are they more like those market days with big white vans selling tools and bits of tools and other broken shit?