Different birds but the swallows seem to be rebuilding, which is nice. They're still around anyway, and I had a visit from a robin earlier. Not sure if it's the same one but it wasn't shy either way.

There is a young Robin, still to get their red feathers, knocking about the garden at the moment. Also a few more Blackbird fledglings getting fed by their parents.

Ate too much for dinner today (pasta & meatballs) and the belly was a bit tender after, but the healing power of a grand cup o' tae has come to the rescue. Is there any problem that a cupán tae can't solve?

There's very few 'twouldn't solve to be fair. I'll be willing to bet Hitler never drank it!

A dayshent cuppa shcald woulda kept that right arm down, and it might have kept his temper down an' all.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 01, 2024, 08:47:55 PMThere's very few 'twouldn't solve to be fair. I'll be willing to bet Hitler never drank it!

I'm going to be that guy.  I apologise and hate myself for doing it but I am pretty sure he did like a cup of tea.  I half remember watching a history program years ago that mentioned he had a favourite tea house and liked drinking it from china cups.   

Hitler loved a cuppa alright. He drank loads of tea in the bunker while Berlin was being destroyed.

Ja, aber mit zitron oder mit a bit a bainne? I'd say the former. Not real tea like, not the soul soothing stuff  :laugh:

Quote from: Anvil on July 02, 2024, 08:07:37 AM
Quote from: astfgyl on July 01, 2024, 08:47:55 PMThere's very few 'twouldn't solve to be fair. I'll be willing to bet Hitler never drank it!

I'm going to be that guy.  I apologise and hate myself for doing it but I am pretty sure he did like a cup of tea.  I half remember watching a history program years ago that mentioned he had a favourite tea house and liked drinking it from china cups.   

Lol lol lol I knew it myself when I was saying it! Was only waiting for someone to come on with picture and all lol

Quote from: astfgyl on July 02, 2024, 02:36:57 PM
Quote from: Anvil on July 02, 2024, 08:07:37 AM

Lol lol lol I knew it myself when I was saying it! Was only waiting for someone to come on with picture and all lol

Hook, line and sinker.

The contract I just signed for September, although only a 12 monther, is still the first time I'll be earning more than when I decided to quit my then (admittedly quite well paid at the time) job and go back to university... 15 years ago! Gonna do a Jeremy tonight and order four naan breads  :laugh:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 03, 2024, 02:45:35 PMThe contract I just signed for September, although only a 12 monther, is still the first time I'll be earning more than when I decided to quit my then (admittedly quite well paid at the time) job and go back to university... 15 years ago! Gonna do a Jeremy tonight and order four naan breads  :laugh:

Fair play. I feel like there's a Guinness ad quote in there somewhere too. Congrats anyway. I changed jobs a bit over a year ago to work more hours, have less pay but better prospects and I'm hoping it won't take me 15 years to get back to where I was, but you'd need a bit of hope here and there so hats off for sticking it out

If I was accounting for inflation, I'm still a fair bit off being back where I was but sure look it  :laugh:

Yeah the inflation has been the major factor in my being worse off too but I try not to think too hard about that or I'd be annoyed!