Try googling Zebra Finch, tiny little birds that are sometimes kept as pets or showing over here but are from Australia (and are the only tiny bird I know from that part of the world). 

It wasn't them. They had a green breast and brown or grey wings with white dots around the tail .

The occasional 'Screw you Monday!' daytime pint of Guinness. Fuckin' delish.

Will be home next weekend for 3 weeks. Planning a trip to Rathlin Island, they have puffins this time of year so they'll be cool to see.

And the biggest simple pleasure of all for me, getting a proper chippy feed and Chinese Takeaway. Chippy sausages particularly just aren't available in Canada, so my trips home are usually a sausage fest  :laugh: And the Chinese restaurants here are all authentic, rather than the deep-fried chippy versions we have at home. Starving just thinking about it, I gain like a stone in weight every time I'm home. I guess I could add the months of trying to shed that weight each time to the pet peeves thread...

Chinese with chips is magic and you can't get it outside Ireland.

The impending implosion of the England football team....

#1941 June 21, 2024, 11:24:50 AM Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 11:57:38 AM by The Heretic
wrong thread

Quote from: The Heretic on June 21, 2024, 10:33:29 AMThe impending implosion of the England football team....

The "Gareth Southgate puts on a hi-viz jacket to go up his attic stairs" style comments on Twitter are great entertainment this morning.

What's the inspiration for those memes? I don't follow soccer as it's not a real sport but I'm seeing loads of those for some reason.

Seeing nearly 60 12y.o's being awarded a fáinne this week at a school graduation marking 8 years of learning as Gaeilge  :-*

Quote from: Snare on June 21, 2024, 02:03:17 PMSeeing nearly 60 12y.o's being awarded a fáinne this week at a school graduation marking 8 years of learning as Gaeilge  :-*

Sent all my own lads to the Gaelscoil as well. Still have 2 in it actually. Other than the maths I think it's great.

On a related note, the young fella started speaking to me in Irish the other day and I just answered him without thinking about it. That was a simple pleasure so it was

Lovely sunny day, sat in the garden all evening under a tree reading and listening to some tunes.  :abbath:

Even saw a buzzard circling, and a couple of lovely chaffinches. 

Had a kestrel living near my old gaff and I used to love seeing it when I was cycling into work for 6 in the morning on the bright days. Birds are cool in general

Ooh la la I just found a can when I thought I'd no beer left.

Fuckin unreal