Realising that all the election candidates have provided me with plenty of roach paper for the next while. No more rizla packets falling asunder for me!

#1906 June 12, 2024, 04:41:52 PM Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 06:25:37 PM by Trev
I've the Judas Priest remasters that spell out the name, but missing two so for ages I've been staring at JUDAS PIST on the shelf

Finally picked up the missing cds to finish it off, it's been annoying me for years

Could be worse, the Iron Maiden ones don't line up at all unless you put them in the wrong order.

That reminds me, I have a few gaps in the Priest collection myself. The 4 Ripper albums, the latest one, Redeemer and I think there's a live 1 or 2 since Halford came back that I don't have.

Jugulataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaàaaaaaa is the only Ripper one I know. Were the others up to that at all?

The live stuff was great. Nobody really needs Demolition IMO.

Indeed, but for completion's sake...

Been seeing quite a few blackbirds in the garden this year both adults and fledglings.  Really nice just to watch the adults feed the young ones.

Not had a robin join me when I have been gardening this year, which is a bit sad.  Last year I had one that would sit on the weed bucket or even the fork handle (if I wasn't using it) waiting for me to uncover a juicy treat.  Still seen the odd one in the garden but you sort of miss having one about. 

I'm going soft in my old age.     

Quote from: Anvil on June 13, 2024, 10:24:05 AMBeen seeing quite a few blackbirds in the garden this year both adults and fledglings.  Really nice just to watch the adults feed the young ones.

Not had a robin join me when I have been gardening this year, which is a bit sad.  Last year I had one that would sit on the weed bucket or even the fork handle (if I wasn't using it) waiting for me to uncover a juicy treat.  Still seen the odd one in the garden but you sort of miss having one about. 

My wife loves birds and she knows a fair bit about them so, over the years, I've learned a thing or two.

As I detailed in a post in the gardening thread here a while back - I landscaped my garden on my own because not a single company would come and look at it the job.

I never did anything like it before - I am not green-fingered. But some lads on here gave me advice, the first few weekends nearly broke me physically and mentally but somewhere along the line it became a sort of therapy and now I think about being out the back doing something while I'm in my office all week.

All that to say that I have birds - blackbirds, starlings, sparrows, tits, finches and indeed robins - coming to visit me most days. We had a goldcrest once and there was great excitement from my missus. Recently I've had mallards and herons too.

I sit in my kitchen hoping they'll fly in to the garden while I'm having a coffee or whatever. I've planted teasels in the hope of getting more bullfinches in, left a no-mow patch for the small birds, bees and butterflies.

So there's a pair of us getting sentimental in old age.

That said crows and pigeons are cunts. They can fuck off.

Just been through a rollercoaster of emotions there. The wife is in Dublin for a couple of days so I was microwaving last night's leftover asian takeaway for lunch while listening to Tilts' mighty Cuatro Hombres album up nice and loud. Lovely.

I brought the plate of steaming hot food over and was about to start eating when I found myself air-drumming to a particularly tasty fill and - whack - smashed the fork onto the the side of the plate, breaking off a large part and showering my leg, table and the floor with shards of sharp crockery. I am bare-foot. Disaster.

The break went right up to the side of the noodles. I checked the food and it looked like all the broken pieces, big and small, went downwards and away from the food, in the direction of travel of the fork. Fuck it, I thought, it'd be such a letdown to fuck the food out if it's ok. Sure enough, just finished eating very carefully, and don't appear to have ingested anything sharp. Was able to back out afterwards and clean up the mess without doing a Die Hard. Beautiful, simple pleasure.

Lunch by 11.30 though!  :laugh:

Too tasty to wait any longer  :laugh:

Quote from: Anvil on June 13, 2024, 10:24:05 AMBeen seeing quite a few blackbirds in the garden this year both adults and fledglings.  Really nice just to watch the adults feed the young ones.

It's lovely to have birds around, I have a wren for my alarm clock every morning and our swallows are back and breeding successfully, judgung by the eggshells in the shed. 'Our' robin hasn't made much of an appearance since the weather warmed up, I hope it's doing well. I see the odd one around but nowhere near as tame as this one was.

Clare Daly losing her seat..

We've a ton of finches, sparrows, robins, pigeons populating the back garden. Tis kinda cool watching how they hit up the feeder in shifts throughout the day.

What a reflection on the ageing forum population that having a chat about admiring birds is actually the feathered type  :laugh:

Anyone in their 40s at work seems to be gone the same way though.