Seeing the first signs of spring in the trees.

Schadenfreude. I don't take pleasure in genuine misfortunes but sometimes I hear a story that makes my dark heart swell.

My oul fella is retired about 7 years. As a single man - there's nobody else in the house to keep him company/for him to annoy (delete as applicable). He discovered that there's only so many books you can read a week and rounds of golf that you can play.

Like most men of his age - he didn't have many close friends over the course of his middle age due to moving to an office in Dublin for the bones of 15 years.

After moving back to Cork, he reconnected with a few of his old pals - most of whom have dogs so the oul lad went and got two of the thickest dogs imaginable from the rescue place.

Quote from: Stout's Oul FellaThese are two of the stupidest dogs I've ever met. No wonder someone tried to drown them in a sack.

There's a core group of lads that go walking every morning/afternoon/lunchtime with their hounds. Basically, it's a knitting circle for men in their late 60s.

They walk through a park every day and they've been lobbying the local council to put in benches, dog shit bins, trees, better lights etc. Recently they had a small victory - 5 benches along the path and some bins.

The benches arrived and the old boys were there to see them put in. They all took turns getting a photo on it and then sending the photos to each other in their WhatsApp group. They also all took turns telling the local FG councillor to fuck off when he tried to have a photo taken and claim it as a victory on his Facebook.

Not 24 hours later some local scuts had a drinking session on the new benches and, after they were done, set said benches alight.

Next morning there was anger amongst the Warfarin crew (... hmmm... Metal Warfarin...).

One of the lads, Don, piped up with "Fucking scum! Are there cameras around here? These young fellas need a good hiding! Knackers is all they are. Not a single one of them are worth a slap and this is the shit that they do!"

Everyone murmured in agreement.

"I think there might be a camera by the entrance there look." pointed my oul fella.

"I'd batter the cunt who did this. The animal. And whoever dragged him up." continued Don.

"The corpo probably sent it to the guards already but I know your man in the hut" said Chipper Supper - of the other lads.

A few days later my old man rang me and asked if I'd consider welding up a few pieces of box section and making steel benches that won't burn or break - "As your good deed for the week" he says.

"I will, I suppose." says I "Was there a camera in the end?"

"Yeah there was, yeah. Don's idiot grandson and his pals were caught. Haven't seen Don since."

"Next morning there was anger amongst the Warfarin crew (... hmmm... Metal Warfarin.".. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The smell of cooking from our Indian nextdoor neighbours' kitchen, just lovely. Could equally have posted in the Pet Peeves thread as it was torment not being able to eat it!

Quote from: Carnage on July 28, 2023, 09:14:45 PMThe smell of cooking from our Indian nextdoor neighbours' kitchen, just lovely. Could equally have posted in the Pet Peeves thread as it was torment not being able to eat it!
Love Indian food, always same when I smell it anywhere.  Been years since I had a proper feed of it.

I made the world's fucking worst curry here this evening, trying to copy the bog standard Irish Chinese chipper style sauce from scratch but didn't blend the onions in it, put in the world of peas by mistake, made it too runny, and cheaped out by using breaded chicken in the oven instead of fillets for it.  Taste was fine but it was a watery veg mess.  Totally scalded by it.  It isn't a curry I would usually bother make myself (Indian and Thai usually) and thought sure it's so simple how could it go wrong?  Easily, and very, as it turns out.

@ ochoill there's nothing worse than putting the effort in to cooking a feed for it to turn out dirt. By the sounds of it with the Thai and Indian you know what your doing which makes it worse. I like to think I'm a dab hand at the oul cooking but nothing worse than tryna make some wild card new recipe and ending up explaining to lady it's just teething problems.

I maintain it takes 3 tries to get any new dish perfected

YouTubers who just make a video and never ask you to LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE NOTIFICATION BELL COMMENT DOWN BELOW.

Bald and Bankrupt (although I hear he's a bit of a sex pest) has one of the best channels going and just makes the fucking things without annoying the viewer.

Took a trip to Scariff yesterday to check out the harbour festival they have every year. Wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be great craic. There was a Queen tribute band playing and they knocked the socks clean off me! Singer was unreal.
I'll definitely head back next year for it.

Quote from: blessed1 on August 05, 2023, 01:04:09 PMTook a trip to Scariff yesterday to check out the harbour festival they have every year. Wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be great craic. There was a Queen tribute band playing and they knocked the socks clean off me! Singer was unreal.

Wonder if those are the same lads who played in thurles a couple of weeks back? They were decent anyway

Quote from: blessed1 on August 05, 2023, 01:04:09 PMTook a trip to Scariff yesterday to check out the harbour festival they have every year. Wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be great craic. There was a Queen tribute band playing and they knocked the socks clean off me! Singer was unreal.

You've outed yourself here as a pure class cunt so no bothers big lad.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on August 05, 2023, 06:59:40 PM

You've outed yourself here as a pure class cunt so no bothers big lad.

;D  You're some pathetic worm of a person.

The new episode of Radical Research is out.

It's about Voivod.

It's 2h45m  :laugh:  :abbath:

Sunlight. It's been such a dull cunt a summer that a day like this is genuinely uplifting.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on September 04, 2023, 04:03:29 PMThe new episode of Radical Research is out.

It's about Voivod.

It's 2h45m  :laugh:  :abbath:

That on YouTube or is it some subscription thing?