Quote from: Caomhaoin on June 10, 2023, 09:49:29 AMConvinced the wife that I wasn't drunk or on mushies yesterday :(

You did the right thing man

5g heroic dose, silent darkness. Better fuckin pray neither the wife nor anybody else stumbles upon you in that state :laugh:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 10, 2023, 12:34:25 PM5g heroic dose, silent darkness. Better fuckin pray neither the wife nor anybody else stumbles upon you in that state :laugh:

I got stumbled upon year before last like that, rolling around the sitting room laughing me bollix off with the little dog for company. I'll put it this way, there was no denying it.

Mid-winter barbecuing, large cold bottle of Guinness Extra Stout and Mourning Beloveth 'Dust'. Beat that  8)

Went to Kerry for a few days last week to visit a mate who had recently moved back there.
Spent a fair bit of time driving around taking in the sights. It's bloody incredible down there.
The whole trip was like a fucking tonic. A complete change of pace and scenery for a few days can be so beneficial.

My old man is from Ballyferriter out past Dingle and every summer we'd go down there I loved it. Lot of your buses etc on the ring of Kerry in summer and dingle is a bit of a tourist trap these days but nowhere more beautiful if you ask me.

I asked my great grandmother when I was a chap why anyone would want to leave the dingle peninsula...

'A gasúr, you can't eat the view'

Ballinskelligs, near Cahirsiveen and Waterville. It used to be a nice small village when I was a kid, but I believe it's full of holiday homes now. We'd go there every summer, grand and quiet. Learned to play pool in the local pub (which featured in Mr. Nice - Marks used to land his drugs there). Beautiful long sandy beach, rock pools for the kids to explore an' all. Best place in the world for me.

Kerry is fucking smashing I haven't been there in a few years but it has something truly special going on there

Except Tralee of course.

Different kind of special going on there

Haven't actually spent any time in Tralee other than passing through now and again. Last place I stayed down there was Inch and it was class. The house itself had a minor claim to fame over some writer that stayed there (very minor because I can't remember the name) but sitting eating the breakfast taking in that view was something spectacular. Unfortunately I was working for Aldi at the time so by the Tuesday I was already dreading the following Monday and it was a bit like trying to enjoy the few days before prison or something. Bit like that film the 25th hour.

Brought the young lad to spashworld in Tralee when he was 4 or 5. Good craic. I have relations living in Tralee but it's a horrible town.

Just getting flashbacks of some old MI user from Killorglin, I think, who had some properly hairy booze/substance related yarns.
Can't remember the username but if memory serves, he rode some wan on his grandmother's grave while under the influence.
Mouldy stuff, but gas.