#360 March 13, 2019, 04:52:58 PM Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 04:58:24 PM by Mithrandir
Tribulation - The Horror
Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds
Teitanblood - Seven Chalice
Grave Miasma - Exalted Exmanation

A bit of nostalgia  with these today. All turning 10 years old this year. I remember buying them from Invictus the year they were released while I was still school . I have such a fond memory of that time, being genuinely excited for releases and having nothing to worry about other than buying records.

What a year though, some serious releases:
Diocletian - Doom Cult
Beherit - Engram
Witchrist - Curses of Annihilation
D666 - Defiance

Probably more I'm forgetting but these are the ones that still get played.

Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Never get tired of this record, textbook classic Norwegian black metal. Abbath's drumming is phenomenal and compliments Demonaz's guitar perfectly.

I saw yesterday on Facebook that Opeth Blackwater Park was 18 years old,i had to put it on,such a great album.

Tonight's  dance floor smashes....

Clandestine Blaze ‎"Tranquility of Death"
Terror Cell Unit ‎"Psalm 137:9"
Striations "Vietnamization"
Sheer Terror "Just Can't Hate Enough"
Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

Doom Cult is 10! Where did the time go.

Covenant - Nexus polaris

Bethlehem - Self Titled
Altarage - Nihl
Old Man's Child - Slaves of The World
Cradle Of Filth - Damnation And A Day
Inflames - Colony

Quote from: Paul keohane on March 13, 2019, 10:37:14 PM
I saw yesterday on Facebook that Opeth Blackwater Park was 18 years old,i had to put it on,such a great album.

Remember getting a copy of Metal Hammer with Drapery Falls on the cover cd years ago, never heard any this like it before and went straight to HMV to get the album. Must stick it on again  today

Quote from: The Butcher on March 14, 2019, 12:50:41 PM
Bethlehem - Self Titled
Altarage - Nihl
Inflames - Colony
What do you think of Altarage - NIHL?

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on March 14, 2019, 01:11:38 PM
Quote from: The Butcher on March 14, 2019, 12:50:41 PM
Bethlehem - Self Titled
Altarage - Nihl
Inflames - Colony
What do you think of Altarage - NIHL?

Honestly didn't see this in the spanish death metal thread! Yeah great riffs and production, just wish there was a bit more to the vocals, feels like the weak point. Haven't gotten around to their new release.

Sühnopfer - L'Hoirie de Mes Ancestres, excellent French Medieval Black Metal.

I've been hopping off Deathspell Omega all week, was always very fond of what I knew from their catalog - mostly Kenose, Fas..., and Drought - but hadn't put any on in a while so went back for a good revisit.  Tried out the other EPs today and yesterday too.  Such an excellent band.

Quote from: Cernunnos on March 15, 2019, 11:28:00 AM

Will check out. There seems to be a bit of a "pic" in French Medieval BM at the moment. Another group called Véhémence released an album this year called Par le Sang Versé, but which I found only mediocre. Medieval bits were interesting, BM bits not at all.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 15, 2019, 12:46:37 PM
Quote from: Cernunnos on March 15, 2019, 11:28:00 AM

Another group called Véhémence released an album this year called Par le Sang Versé, but which I found only mediocre. Medieval bits were interesting, BM bits not at all.

Yeah came across them alright and did nothing for me either.

Mooncitadel might fit that description.  Really enjoying their stuff.  I'll give those lads above a shout.