Edge of Sanity,been listening to a few of their early releases.A band i was aware of,but for some reason never properly checked out years back.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on June 13, 2021, 09:49:54 PM
Listening to AC/DC and Rose Tattoo all day while in the bog footing turf, I find 1970's Australian hard rock to be the best music to get a good groove going handling turf. Only Bon Scott era AC/DC obviously, the bog is no place for Brian Johnson.

Don't remind me, I'll be starting that during the week. Headphones are a good call though, never bothered before.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 11, 2021, 04:58:18 PM
Quote from: Jward on June 11, 2021, 01:53:05 PM
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Would you believe, I have never heard this, .... and I was in a Doom band in the 90s ?!!!  :laugh:

Fantastic album and as Open Face Surgery said,  so many brilliant classics sitting there waiting to be discovered.

What band were you in?

As John and Brian mentioned, Ethereal

I sat next to you on the flight to Wacken a few years back!  :laugh:

Ah yeah, fucking hell. That was 2008!

Listening to AC/DC and Rose Tattoo all day while in the bog footing turf, I find 1970's Australian hard rock to be the best music to get a good groove going handling turf. Only Bon Scott era AC/DC obviously, the bog is no place for Brian Johnson.

Are they jenga block style footings or the old style tee pee type? AC/DC would be fine for the former no doubt. ...
Enjoy and hope the midges dont drive you out of it!

Morbus Chron - Sleepers In The Rift
Grave Miasma - Abyss of Wrathful Dieties
Darkthrone - Old Star

Megadeth- Countdown To Extinction
Testament- Formation Of Damnation
Cancer Bats- Hail Destroyer.

Currently listening to Athiest for the first time. I'm halfway through Piece of Time. Wowzers, this is good gear. Looking forward to checking out the rest of their stuff.
Some comment on Youtube, describing the band as sounding like Death on coke seems apt.

Quote from: 91/30 on June 14, 2021, 10:38:29 AM

Are they jenga block style footings or the old style tee pee type? AC/DC would be fine for the former no doubt. ...
Enjoy and hope the midges dont drive you out of it!

The jenga block style ones, which we call box footings in this part of the country, the wee tee pee ones are stucks and  larger tee pee type things are called clamps.
In the bog today - Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. Only Paul dI'anno era Iron Maiden needless to say, the bog is no place for Bruce Dickinson.
Cunts of midges ran me this evening allright, I think they were attracted to Ozzys voice.

Satyricon  - Nemesis Divina

I've liked everything I've listened to by Hail Conjuror but haven't bought anything by them yet. I need to bite the bullet.

Ya, I've haven't made a purchase either. I've dipped in and out of his stuff but this definitely stands above anything else I heard. May need a revisit.

Quote from: Giggles on June 14, 2021, 11:24:08 PM
Currently listening to Athiest for the first time. I'm halfway through Piece of Time. Wowzers, this is good gear. Looking forward to checking out the rest of their stuff.
Some comment on Youtube, describing the band as sounding like Death on coke seems apt.

Maybe, maybe that description works for Piece of Time, but certainly none of the ones later. You'll be thinking more Death stoned or Death on ayahuasca with the later ones. Amazing band though; chronological order is a great way to go through.

Whatever happened to the follow up to Jupiter? Remember reading a year or two ago that it was all  recorded, or maybe only written, and they were just looking for a label to put it out but haven't heard anything since