Kreator - Under the guillotine

Teitanblood - Death

Quote from: jobrok1 on May 22, 2021, 05:45:48 PM
Mixing it up a bit today on the old player today...

Anathema - The Silent Enigma
Eternal Champion - Ravening Iron
Transilvania - Of Sleep and Death
Incessant - Perennial Umbra
Candlemass - Nightfall

I dug out The Silent Enigma and Eternity for the first time in an age a few weeks ago. Both have aged incredibly well.

Sometimes Youtube recommendations really hit the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seGmt_9wY44

Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever, after watching Highlander for the milionth time.

Quote from: Anton Arcane on May 22, 2021, 08:08:51 PM
Quote from: jobrok1 on May 22, 2021, 05:45:48 PM
Mixing it up a bit today on the old player today...

Anathema - The Silent Enigma

I dug out The Silent Enigma and Eternity for the first time in an age a few weeks ago. Both have aged incredibly well.
Eternity is the only album of theirs I don't listen to. It just never clicked with me at all.

Quote from: Carnage on May 22, 2021, 07:54:37 PM
Houses Of The Mole was bloody fantastic, just behind Psalm 69 for me. A coupla tracks off Rio Grande Blood were decent alright but after that it's shite all the way down.

Have you heard the 'raw' version of In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up? I can't remember what it's called, they released it a couple of years ago, but it's shite. The existing aobum was so heavily overdubbed that the raw, live tracks sound terrible and sloppy in comparison. The only plus is that it has Breathe and The Land Of Rape And Honey (and that shite Jello Biafra monologue) included.

I haven't heard that at all but the curiosity will surely get to me. Can't understand why there are so few tunes on the original actually, the 2 extras would have rounded it out nicely. I dunno what happened to me with Houses of the Mole, I think I just missed Paul Barker too much and never got into it like the others. I used to fell like that about Dark Side of the Spoon though and I love it now so maybe it deserves another go as well

#5227 May 22, 2021, 10:59:44 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 11:01:57 PM by Carnage
I have an audio rip of the VHS version, bit rough but it's got those at least. That alternative version has a full set, some Lard & Revolting Cocks songs on it if memory serves.

Barker was a loss alright (and they became more conventional without him), but that one was great, as close in sound as they got to Psalm 69 I think. Animositisomina had a great, raw sound, definitely an underrated one.

Never got on with Filth Pig or Dark Side, for some reason. Haven't heard either for years, I must give them another go. The Lay Lady Lay cover is excellent though.

Queensryche - One More Time. What a song and some of the best lyrics ever. They really hit too close to the truth for their own good.
Guess there is no option but to continue with some Crimson Glory.

Bergatagen -  Bärsärkatoner

Satyricon the past couple days. Such highs with some lows.

Sound garden - Badmotorfinger

Bergthron- Verborgen in den Tiefen der Wälder...    
                     Jagdheim    
                     Leben und Lebenswille

Amorphis -Live in Helsinki Ice Hall

Quote from: vinterland on May 22, 2021, 08:23:59 PM
Sometimes Youtube recommendations really hit the spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seGmt_9wY44

Yes.  A very good album.

np: Øksehovud - Makt, Høyhet, Herredømme