#5190 May 20, 2021, 05:22:48 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:30:26 PM by Paul keohane
South Of Heaven their best for me,but everything up to Seasons is essential really.I do have a love/hate relationship with Divine intervention though,i remember being a bit underwhelmed when it came out.Overall a really solid band,even the later stuff theres some bangers (hidden among a lot of filler).Live a band that just delivered their whole career,very consistent.

South Of Heaven and Reign In Blood would probably be my top two, there would be a number of contenders for the number three spot but right up there would be God Hates Us All, which seems to be very much overlooked as Slayer albums go, I think its a fucking belter.

Tbh i nearly reach for God hates us all more than Divine Intervention.

God Hates Us All has some vitriol on it to be sure but the guitar tone and overall production is weak.

I do remember giving it its first spin when after that intro track into the first song it felt like the start of something savage.
Doesn't hold up to this day though. Divine Intervention does though.

My mother bought me God Hates Us All as a christmas present. Very seasonal, I thought.

Decapitated-Winds of creation
Vader-Litany
Dead Congregation-POTF

My father picked me up from the bus one evening, it must be nearly 20 years ago, and I in the absolute horrors from drink, I mean fucking septic now.
He pulled up in front of the chapel on the way home and informed me that luckily we were just in time for an anniversary mass for a cousin of ours, I had no choice but to go in with him.
I was in a shocking state in the chapel, I thought I was going to get sick, shaking like a leaf and sweating bullets, I took off my jacket to cool down a bit, the paranoia kicked in, the old "everyone's looking at me" horror, I gritted my teeth, took deep breaths and made it through the mass, I even went up for communion.
When we got back to the car the auld fella says to me  "What in the name of fuck kind of t-shirt is that to be wearing to mass?". I look down to realize I was wearing my much loved God Hates Us All t-shirt, complete with graphic image of the crucifixion on the front and on the back it said something like "Only through the darkness of Christ have I realized, God hates us all".
"Ah shite, they WERE all looking at me so", says I, "I thought it was the drink".
"You'r some bollox" says the auld fella.

Behemoth  - Thelema.6

Kommodus - An Imperial Sun Rises

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on May 20, 2021, 09:04:24 PM
My father picked me up from the bus one evening, it must be nearly 20 years ago, and I in the absolute horrors from drink, I mean fucking septic now.
He pulled up in front of the chapel on the way home and informed me that luckily we were just in time for an anniversary mass for a cousin of ours, I had no choice but to go in with him.
I was in a shocking state in the chapel, I thought I was going to get sick, shaking like a leaf and sweating bullets, I took off my jacket to cool down a bit, the paranoia kicked in, the old "everyone's looking at me" horror, I gritted my teeth, took deep breaths and made it through the mass, I even went up for communion.
When we got back to the car the auld fella says to me  "What in the name of fuck kind of t-shirt is that to be wearing to mass?". I look down to realize I was wearing my much loved God Hates Us All t-shirt, complete with graphic image of the crucifixion on the front and on the back it said something like "Only through the darkness of Christ have I realized, God hates us all".
"Ah shite, they WERE all looking at me so", says I, "I thought it was the drink".
"You'r some bollox" says the auld fella.

:laugh: One for The Fear thread there.

Marduk - World funeral

I love Legion on this album and I think he has some of the most unique BM vocals in the Genre. Hate from Gorgoroth and Legion are joint number one in the best BM vocalists of all time category for me.

Quote from: boozegeune on May 20, 2021, 09:30:54 PM
Kommodus - An Imperial Sun Rises

A good album that.

np: Codex Mortis - What Befalls of Tainted Souls

Strangle Wire - The Dark Triad.
Top notch, old school, no frills, crushing death metal from Belfast.  Quality.

Yob - Perfect Strangers
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers

My God, some difference!

Angelcorpse - Exterminate
Obsequiae - The Palms of Sorrowed Kings