Godflesh - EU Tour 2001 (Sound desk recording)

https://youtu.be/mHiaEK_m5OY

Does it count as a bootleg if its ripped from the desk?  Either way this is lethal, good to hear a great quality version of their cover of Killing Joke's "Requiem".  Grand half hour set.

I have the Dublin show from that tour somewhere, might be an audience recording but it's decent for that. I think they were supporting Fear Factory if memory serves?

Quote from: Blackout on May 10, 2021, 07:56:06 PM
Deicide - Scars of the crucifix

This one is a lot worse than I previously imagined. I remember being bitterly disappointed when this came out as I'd just gotten into Deicide and loved all their albums up until this.

A lot of people seem to share your opinion on Scars, I don't think its as bad as all that, wasn't mad about it myself the first few listens but it grows on you and I really enjoy it now when I stick it on, its a glorious confusion of noise.

Quote from: Carnage on May 12, 2021, 12:36:09 AM
I have the Dublin show from that tour somewhere, might be an audience recording but it's decent for that. I think they were supporting Fear Factory if memory serves?
Devin Townsend.  And I didn't fucking go, didn't even know it was on until I opened up a Metal Hammer a week after and saw the date in it.  DT was touring Terria at the time - my favourite album ever now.  Sickened I missed it.  If you find the recording of the Dublin set and it's decent you should fire it up online!

I missed it myself, I was properly out of touch at the time (I'd lost interest in metal in general, I only found out that they'd split a few years after the fact. I only heard that Layne Staley had died when I saw a dedication to him on the back of a Jerry Cantrell album) and wasn't going to gigs at all back then.

I'm pretty sure that I downloaded that show from Crumbling Flesh, whether the link still works I dunno.

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Absolute class.

Spectral Voice - Eroded Corridors of Unbeing

Absolutely crushing album.

Doom- Bury the debt not the dead

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on May 12, 2021, 12:37:58 AM
Quote from: Blackout on May 10, 2021, 07:56:06 PM
Deicide - Scars of the crucifix

This one is a lot worse than I previously imagined. I remember being bitterly disappointed when this came out as I'd just gotten into Deicide and loved all their albums up until this.

A lot of people seem to share your opinion on Scars, I don't think its as bad as all that, wasn't mad about it myself the first few listens but it grows on you and I really enjoy it now when I stick it on, its a glorious confusion of noise.
Yeah its not a bad album at all.

Bought lots of CDs recently so have been listening to lots of stuff...

The Spirit - Sounds from the vortex & Cosmic Terror
Yoth Iria -  As the flame withers
Chapel of Disease - The mysterious ways of repetitive art & As We Have seen...
Emperor - Anthems
Amorphis - Tales
Cancer - Shadow Gripped
Sentenced - North From Here
Katatonia - BMD & DODS
Ninkharsag - The Dread March Of Solemn Gods

Fear Factory - Archetype

Sordid Blade- Demo. A short, sharp blast of epic heavy metal from Sweden, heavily influenced by Manilla Road. The singer sounds to me like a cross between Mark Shelton and Phil Swanson. He sounds great, it's a pity that his vocals are so buried in the mix. Still, certainly ones to watch.

Barkasth - Hear My Void

Barshasketh - Barshasketh

Yoth Iria - As the Flame Withers

This gets better each time I listen to it, honestly loving the new Jim and Magus version of Rotting Necromanthron  :laugh: