Mortician  - Domain of Death

#5071 May 12, 2021, 10:21:40 PM Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 10:31:52 PM by open face surgery
Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 12, 2021, 05:39:44 PM
Sordid Blade- Demo. A short, sharp blast of epic heavy metal from Sweden, heavily influenced by Manilla Road. The singer sounds to me like a cross between Mark Shelton and Phil Swanson. He sounds great, it's a pity that his vocals are so buried in the mix. Still, certainly ones to watch.

That's just annoying. Why would you release it sounding like that? Maybe he can't actually sing and that was the attempt to mask it.

On the HM buzz, this is cool, and obviously about Cork:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzf-ULOOqQY

Yeah, very weird decision. He sounds like he can sing alright so I wonder if they didn't master the recording and it went sideways in translation.

You wouldn't leave that much up to mastering. Truly baffling.

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead
Attacker - The Battle at Helms Deep
Dead Lord - Surrender
Diocletian - Gesundrian
Absu - The Sun of Tiphareth

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Necrot - Mortal
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic, I'm new to this band believe it or not and this album has become an addiction over the past week. Accepting recommendations of their other work like this and other bands like this.

'Open the Gates' and 'Courts of Chaos' along with 'Crystal Logic are the ones I go for. Great albums, all three.

I got slightly obsessed by MR last year. CL, Open the Gates, The Deluge and, to a lesser degree, Mystification and Spiral Castle.

Never listened to Courts of Chaos so will do that today.

Quote from: open face surgery on May 13, 2021, 09:25:59 AM
I got slightly obsessed by MR last year. CL, Open the Gates, The Deluge and, to a lesser degree, Mystification and Spiral Castle.

I really like Spiral Castle and Mystification. They have a consistent enough discography. Courts of Chaos is decent!

Leviathan - Scar Sighted

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on May 13, 2021, 10:09:30 AM
Quote from: open face surgery on May 13, 2021, 09:25:59 AM

I really like Spiral Castle and Mystification. They have a consistent enough discography. Courts of Chaos is decent!

Given Spiral Castle isn't on Spotify I haven't listened to it as much but really liked Mystification. The drum sound on Courts of Chaos will be a deterrent against going back to it. From Beyond is a great tune.

I think CoC is savage. Loads of Synth, very bombastic in a way.

No surprise you love the coc.

Dying Fetus - Stop at nothing