Quote from: Blackout on April 16, 2021, 07:21:44 PM
Quote from: Doctor Crippen on April 15, 2021, 10:26:13 PM
Carcass- Symphonies of sickness

What an album. Would've killed to see them live back in the day.
I saw Carcass in The Academy in 2014 and I was chatting to my ex-missus' sister shortly after in The Thomas House. She was at the Carcass gig in The Academy too but I hadn't seen her.
I mentioned to her that I was glad to have finally got to see Carcass after all these years.
She looked at me as if I had 10 heads. She said; "you do realise that we seen them in The Tivoli back in the early 90's?"
"Whaaaaaat?"
Then it hit me. My nephew who was living in Crumlin dropped over to Francis Street to see me before the gig had a couple of hash joints rolled for me. And what with drink most of the day I was a mangled mess going inside. I vaguely remember a bouncer coming over to check on me as I was sat slumped at the foot of a pillar in the venue.
It was 1994 on the Heartwork tour, 20 years almost to the day that I thought I first saw them...  :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/carcass/1994/tivoli-theatre-dublin-ireland-7bc77288.html

Quote from: ochoill on April 16, 2021, 03:37:25 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on April 16, 2021, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: ochoill on April 16, 2021, 01:37:04 PM
Today has so far been:

Otterans - "Samekh"
Bolt Thrower - "Warmaster"
Fear Factory - "Soul of a New Machine"

Just taking recs off lads there while I'm working too, so I have albums by Crown and The Armed queued up next.
Get some Corr Mhóna intae ya lawd....
Waiting for the full album before I even go for a note of it!

Full album is out since this morning. I was checking to see if anyone was NOT listening to it today!

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on April 16, 2021, 02:01:00 PM
Quote from: ochoill on April 16, 2021, 01:37:04 PM
Today has so far been:

Otterans - "Samekh"
Bolt Thrower - "Warmaster"
Fear Factory - "Soul of a New Machine"

Just taking recs off lads there while I'm working too, so I have albums by Crown and The Armed queued up next.
Get some Corr Mhóna intae ya lawd....
I got about halfway in earlier and loved it so far, going for it again tomorrow the whole way.

Varathron- His Majesty at the Swamp.

New Corr Mhona, again

A skyway corsair arrived about 20 minutes ago with my Traveller vinyl. What an awesome way to spend a Monday morning!

Cannibal Corpse- Torture
Death - Leprosy
Coffin Rot- A Monument To The Dead. This a killer.
https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.com/album/a-monument-to-the-dead

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 19, 2021, 08:29:37 AM
A skyway corsair arrived about 20 minutes ago with my Traveller vinyl. What an awesome way to spend a Monday morning!

The Ballad Of Joe Joyce and other hits...

Quote from: Carnage on April 19, 2021, 11:44:29 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 19, 2021, 08:29:37 AM

The Ballad Of Joe Joyce and other hits...

Finbar Fury and the lads givin' it socks; Ree-lease deh hooooors!

Arckanum - Antikosmos
                     ÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞÞ
                    Kostogher

Neptunian Maximalism - "Éons"

Ridiculous.  Great, but ridiculous.  Sounds like complete hell, melting hot and uncomfortable, psychedelic and jazzy, foreboding, completely wonky, beautiful but chaotic music.  Not metal I suppose, but elements of it.  Elements of every fuckin thing in this.  Impossible to place.  I love it.

Quote from: Circlepit on April 19, 2021, 11:10:52 AM

Yeah that was on my bandcamp wishlist for about a year, eventually purchased it the last bc Friday and it arrived last week. Good shit indeed.

Quote from: Snare on April 20, 2021, 07:37:10 AM
Quote from: Circlepit on April 19, 2021, 11:10:52 AM

Yeah that was on my bandcamp wishlist for about a year, eventually purchased it the last bc Friday and it arrived last week. Good shit indeed.

Obituary seem to be a huge influence on them.
Also I like how clear it sounds without being clicky and sterile..

This mornings stuff
Primordial- Storm Before Calm
Testament- The Gathering.
Venom- Black Metal

Napalm death- harmony corruption
Nuclear assault- survive