War Master
The IVth Crusade
...For Victory
Mercenary
Honour – Valour – Pride
Those Once Loyal

Almost every Bolt Thrower studio album in work today. Rock solid discography, more peaks than troughs, and the troughs are not very low. Growth and progression is all well and good but I do appreciate how riffs from Warmaster could exist on For Those Once Loyal and vice versa. Consistent quality.

Agreed. One of those rare bands with a flawless discography. Throw in The Peel Sessions and the EP compilation while yer at it.

Warmaster is one if my all time favourites. I've completely pigged out on those Earache reissues in the last year or so. Just missing the live album now.

That was a bonus disc with For Victory, wasn't it? Missing that and the original Realm Of Chaos (I only have the reissue, bought it for the live DVD) myself.

Warmaster was where I got onboard, it'll always be a favourite, despite them having plenty of better albums.

Until last year all I had was the clapped out Warmaster cassette I got when I was 13. The good Dr Scobes cured me of that particular ailment.

I think I still have mine, bought in Freebird (along with Cause Of Death and Mental Funeral). I remember being pleasantly surprised that the bonus track was on it, unlisted. I carefully (but badly) wrote the title in the same font on the back cover.

Quote from: Carnage on April 20, 2021, 09:11:43 PM
Agreed. One of those rare bands with a flawless discography. Throw in The Peel Sessions and the EP compilation while yer at it.

The peel session release is fantastic

Have my eye on the latest vinyl reissues of Those Once Loyal, Mercenary and Honour. I would probably have IVth Crusade and For Victory as my longtime favourites but, again, just knockout stuff all round.

Will have to round it out with the EPs and live stuff tomorrow then. Maybe dabble in Memoriam, never get into them.

Voivod - War and Pain

Always had respect for this band but never actually looked into them but threw this on and it's brilliant, already on third play. I know they shifted style a bit so probably why I wasn't as quick on this.

Kvist- For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike

Ravenstorm- Infernum

#4811 April 21, 2021, 06:29:35 PM Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:39:11 PM by open face surgery
Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 21, 2021, 03:09:47 PM

It'd be funny if the Burren was the reason it clicked with ya.

Hexorcist - demo (5x times)

Akurion - Come Forth to Me. This was suggested under Hexorcist so went for a look. Turns out it's Mike DiSalvo's new project with dudes from Neuraxis, Vengeful and other such Canucks. First tune has Luc Lemay and Lord Worm guesting. Not something that would excite me these days but it's fine to have on out of curiosity. https://akurion-ca.bandcamp.com/album/come-forth-to-me

Arcturus - Arcturian

Ice cube- lethal injection

Quote from: open face surgery on April 21, 2021, 06:29:35 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 21, 2021, 03:09:47 PM

It'd be funny if the Burren was the reason it clicked with ya.

Hexorcist - demo (5x times)

Akurion - Come Forth to Me. This was suggested under Hexorcist so went for a look. Turns out it's Mike DiSalvo's new project with dudes from Neuraxis, Vengeful and other such Canucks. First tune has Luc Lemay and Lord Worm guesting. Not something that would excite me these days but it's fine to have on out of curiosity. https://akurion-ca.bandcamp.com/album/come-forth-to-me

Yeah Kvist... it's alright but there's nothing about it that especially jumps out to me about it. It's one to stick on once in a while. The Burren artwork is great though  8)